405

Regarding the matter of V being a 'third person', the two males involved had expressed their opinions. Right now, all that was missing was Xia Jingyi's opinion, and her opinion appeared to have the power to determine the life and death of V's career.

Xia Jingyi wasn't stupid. She couldn't offend Ruan Xiwen, nor could she retaliate against Manoban Entertainment. So, her only choice was to compromise between the two sides.

Of course, she thought this would be the least painful solution for everyone involved...

...

"At 3pm, Xia Jingyi will hold a press conference. When that time comes, she will clarify everything for you," Song Yanshu said as she stood behind Taehyung in the waiting room. "With pressure from President Manoban, she wouldn't dare to act recklessly."

Taehyung looked out on the busy streets with an expression of ridicule, "Do you trust her?"

Song Yanshu listened in silence without saying a word. Deep down, there was no way that she'd believe in Xia Jingyi. But, she had her own plans and own method of protecting Taehyung.

"In a moment, you wait here in the waiting room. I'll deal with Xia Jingyi."

Taehyung nodded his head. Underneath his dense eyelashes, it was unknown what emotions he had hiding...

2:50pm, the media arrived at Manoban Entertainment's conference hall. This time, they were on Manoban Entertainment's territory.

"The female protagonist of the cheating scandal has finally decided to speak up. I really want to know the true story behind it all."

"I've come to see how Manoban Entertainment handles it's PR. I wonder how the flawless Manoban Entertainment will protect V this time."

"Don't you guys feel that this V is quite mysterious? No one knows anything about his family background!"

Amongst the chatter of the reporters and under the lens of multiple cameras, Xia Jingyi approached the stage accompanied by her manager.

It was apparent that due to the recent scandals, Xia Jingyi was quite exhausted. Although she was wearing a thick layer of makeup, it wasn't hard to see her dark eye bags...

"Let's get started," her manager encouraged. They had already prepared a speech, so all she had to do was read it. On the surface, it didn't appear to be a difficult task.

Xia Jingyi turned and looked at her manager before turning back to face the media, "I know you have all been interested in the scandal between V and I. I never expected the situation to be escalated to this extent."

"I'm standing in front of all of you today to prove V's innocence."

Hearing this, Xia Jingyi's manager and Song Yanshu both let out a sigh of relief. However, it only lasted a second before their expressions were changed by the next words that came out of Xia Jingyi's mouth...

"There has never been any relationship between V and I. My fiance simply had a misunderstanding."

"I've never cheated on my fiance and nothing has ever happened between V and I..."

"But the public has photos of you and V being very close," one of the reporters pointed out.

"We have been working together for a long time, so it's natural to have photos together. But, this isn't sufficient evidence that we were in a relationship..."

"But, Manoban Entertainment has released a statement detailing your relationship," the reporter directly used Manoban Entertainment's statement to slap Xia Jingyi in the face.