545

This explained it all: Jennie had returned. That was why so much had happened. Indeed, the ex-boss of Superstar Media wasn't one to provoke.

Hanbin simply never imagined that Jennie would act so quickly.

Was it because she had Manoban Entertainment to back her up? She wasn't this capable when she was in foreign territory in England.

Hanbin had never seen a more fake and arrogant woman in his life.

Soon thereafter, Hanbin tried to contact Ma Weiwei again, but he still heard nothing from her.

It appeared, this had something to do with Jennie's return.

Since that was the case, there was no point waiting around. He would have to return to Seoul first...

...

It had already been one day and night since Ma Weiwei was first locked up inside Superstar Media's office.

Her phone didn't work and she couldn't contact the outside world. By this time, her agency was probably panicking. So, Ma Weiwei tried to negotiate with the bodyguards, "You can't keep me locked up here. Aren't you afraid that my agency will call the police?"

Actually, Jennie had already told the bodyguards, "If Ma Weiwei wants to go, you can let her go."

"But, Madam, if she gets out and calls the police, what should we do?"

"Let's see if she has the energy to do that," Jennie replied.

S.A.J.'s incident had already started circulating at this point. Although, news that Ma Weiwei had become the boss of Superstar Media was already exposed long ago, the response to the earlier news was still stronger than the new one. No, to be exact, it was a simultaneous bomb.

Since Ma Weiwei wanted to be the boss of Superstar Media, then she could have that role.

However, Jennie also told the bodyguards that if Ma Weiwei didn't personally ask to be released, they shouldn't bring it up themselves.

So, as soon as Ma Weiwei asked to leave, the bodyguards replied, "You may leave."

Ma Weiwei looked at the bodyguards in surprise, she obviously didn't believe that Jennie would let her off so easily. But, the truth was, Jennie indeed had no traps set up for her. However, as soon as Ma Weiwei reached downstairs and stepped out of the building, she was immediately surrounded by reporters.

"Ma Weiwei, how did you become the new boss of Superstar Media?"

"Ma Weiwei, S.A.J. is being detained by the police. As the new boss of Superstar Media, how do you feel about this?"

"Ma Weiwei..."

Ma Weiwei's face turned pale in shock as she retreated into the building. She knew things wouldn't be so simple when Jennie let her go. Now that she thought about it, that was indeed the case...

After catching the elevator back up to Superstar Media, Ma Weiwei immediately charged her phone and called Hanbin, "What happened?"

"Where are you?" Hanbin asked.

"I'm surrounded by reporters. I can't leave Superstar Media," Ma Weiwei replied angrily. "What have you done? I only just took control of Superstar Media. Why have S.A.J.'s members been detained?"

"Wait for me, I'll come and get you," Hanbin instructed over the phone. "Don't speak recklessly and don't go anywhere."

Where else could Ma Weiwei go? All she could do was call her agency and tell them not to worry about her.