438

"I don't care what she plans to do. All I know is, you are my bottom line," Lisa's voice was deep and firm.

But, this was something that Jennie had never doubted.

From the moment she married Lisa, he had never made her regret her decision even once.

...

Hyatt Regency. Seaside villa.

Another tumultuous day had come to an end. After Hyun-joo's failed act, the only benefit she gained from the entire situation was Father Manoban's increased trust towards her and hate towards Jennie.

After all, the person that Jennie hurt wasn't just anyone - it was his wife!

Most importantly, Jennie was meant to be their daughter-in-law!

How could someone so notorious be deserving of their son?

"Lisa must be possessed. How could he marry a woman like that? How could a woman from the entertainment industry be trusted?"

Hyun-joo knew that her words had a strong influence on Father Manoban, so she said beside his ear, "You're right. Plus, Jennie used to follow another man and has used Lisa as a stepping stone to advance her career. I wonder how many men she has sought behind Lisa's back..."

"Hmmph, it makes me angry just thinking about it!" Father Manoban clasped his hands behind his back and scoffed. "I went to look for Jennie this morning and discovered that she doesn't know how to avoid doing suspicious things. She was all alone at home with a man, discussing business while she's pregnant..."

"Business my ass. Only Lisa would trust her lies. What decent woman would invite a single man into her home while she's alone?"

The couple stacked up on their opinions. Deep down, it was practically like they had already condemned Jennie as an adulterer.

Perhaps it was because of the deeply ingrained bias he had developed over the years, Father Manoban was easily influenced by Hyun-joo. Hence, he also disliked the entertainment industry. However, Lisa had never been within his control and had never listened to his teachings. So, he could only turn a blind eye.

Even when Lisa announced that he had married a model, Father Manoban did not give much of a reaction. He assumed, with Lisa's authority and ruthlessness in the industry, no one would be able to play with his emotions. But...

...after everything that happened recently, he realized Jennie was not a simple woman...

She was unpredictable and complex.

"If Lisa wants to work in the entertainment industry, I can't force him otherwise. After all, everyone has their own aspiration and he is simply inheriting what his grandfather started. But, I can't possibly tolerate this Jennie. She injured you!"

Hyun-joo looked down at her injured hand and said in a pitiful tone, "Hubby, we are but average people. We can't go up against the entertainment industry. You are the only person that believes that I was cut by Jennie."

Thinking about all that Hyun-joo had suffered, Father Manoban's anger increased, "I hope that performer doesn't think that she can stay by Lisa's side. Just because the entertainment industry is in Lisa's hands, does she think she has an undying source of support?"

"Since she likes to solve problems using the entertainment industry, then fine, this old bag of bones is going to play along with her."

Hearing this, Hyun-joo smiled. Her intention was to further increase the misunderstanding between the father and son. Only by doing this, would she guarantee her safety.