456

When Suzy found out the truth, she felt like everything had changed. At the time of the dog attack, she simply wanted to protect Yue, so she was brimming with courage and did not have time to feel panic nor fear.

Above all, she never considered that there'd be an ugly scheme behind the entire incident. Even if she had figured it out, she wouldn't have been like Jennie; stealthily monitoring her enemy for so long, just to get revenge.

At times, she admired Jennie's patience and her intentions. In Jennie's words, the industry was a place where people stepped on each other. If one did not set rules and clarify their bottom line, someone was bound to use their shoulders to boost themselves up, until one day, their corpse would be found lying around outside without them knowing what had even happened.

If the dog attack had not happened, Suzy may not have been so emotionally affected. But, in the face of fame and fortune, whenever shortcuts existed, people were bound to do anything to take them, even if it meant hurting others.

"Following on, you still have Song Xin to deal with. What do you plan on doing?" Suzy asked over the phone.

"Do you think she'll just sit around quietly and do nothing?" Jennie asked back.

"But, Duan Jinghong's news has already implicated her. I'm sure she'll watch her behavior, right?"

Jennie's motive was indeed to suppress Song Xin's arrogance. But, she did not think that Song Xin could be controlled so easily.

"That's enough, let's move away from this upsetting topic. I saw that Minho's been preparing the promotion for your new film. Your third film is about to be released. Congratulations!"

Third film...

It felt like a long time ago, but, whenever Jennie thought about the satisfied looks of the audience as they left the theaters, she was extremely proud. No matter how many times she experienced that feeling, she would never get sick of it.

After all, she was an actress that looked forward to the reactions of the audience.

...

Plenty had happened during this period of time, but Sung-jae placed his focus on So Hyun and did not take notice of Jennie's actions.

That night, the weather was rainy again. After filming in the forest, the production crew quickly returned to the hotel. But, as Sung-jae arrived, So Hyun was nowhere to be seen. So, he went to ask the director.

The director held his head and thought carefully. After a few minutes, he finally answered, "The last scene I filmed was with Ling Long. Afterwards, I notified all the staff to pack up and leave. The staff wouldn't have forgotten to notify her, right?"

Sung-jae did not listen to another word from the director as he immediately ran downstairs to prepare a car. He was going to drive back to the film set in the forest.

Ling Long was downstairs at that moment. As soon as she saw Sung-jae, she immediately stopped him in his track, "Director Yook, I remember So Hyun mentioned that she'd be returning to Beijing, do you want to call her to check?"

As soon as Sung-jae heard this, he immediately called So Hyun's phone. But, her phone was already switched off. In such rainy weather, if So Hyun was planning to go anywhere, she would have told him - unless her phone was out of battery.

Afterwards, Sung-jae got into his car and rushed back to Beijing. At this time, Ling Long pulled out So Hyun's phone and threw it in the bin.

"That's what she gets for being proud."

The present Ling Long had been demoted to the position of supporting actress, while So Hyun had been given back her role as female lead.

Ling Long was filled with resentment. She had been waiting for an opportunity to deal with So Hyun. So, now that she had been given a rare chance, she wanted to see how long So Hyun would last up in the mountains in such harsh weather.