450

"Family members shouldn't worry. She only consumed a very small amount of Quinidine; it has little effect on the patient and her child. She is very fortunate," the doctor said as he removed his gloves. He then looked at the two with a curious expression, "Logically speaking, a drug like Quinidine cannot be bought outside of the hospital. It isn't something that is used by ordinary patients. How did it appear in the chicken soup?"

Lisa looked at Da Hae and Da Hae shook her head confusedly, "I honestly don't know."

Da Hae had no idea when her chicken soup had been spiked.

"Mr. Manoban, please trust me. I would never hurt Jennie and her child."

Lisa's handsome face tensed up a little; his expression was icy cold. But, he still maintained a basic trust towards Da Hae, so he simply nodded his head.

"The patient is now stable, so family members can go in and see her."

After listening to the doctor, Lisa was about to enter the room. However, just as he took a step forward, the nurse inside suddenly rushed out and stopped the doctor from leaving, "Doctor, there's something not quite right about the patient..."

Hearing this, Lisa immediately tried to rush in. However, the nurse stood in his way, "Sir, you can't enter right now. Otherwise, you may delay the treatment of the patient."

"Get out of my way!" Lisa immediately pushed the woman aside and rushed into the hospital room. As soon as he saw Jennie's pale face, he quickly held onto her hand, "Don't be afraid, I am right here by your side. If anything happens to you and our child, I will kill everyone involved before I come and join you."

They obviously weren't on a film set and these words were obviously only suited to novels and ancient times. But, upon hearing Lisa's words, the medical staff did not think that he was telling a lie.

"Nothing will happen to me..." Jennie said as she clasped tightly to Lisa's hand. Possibly because of the pain, Jennie's palms were covered in a cold sweat, "Nothing will happen to me. Lisa, don't worry."

"Doctor, the patient is having contractions, we need to operate immediately," the nurse notified the doctor as she monitored Jennie's condition.

"It seems, I have underestimated the impact of Quinidine on the patient. Quick!"

Da Hae froze in fear as she waited anxiously outside the room, unsure what she could do. Meanwhile, Lisa was pushed out of the room as he watched Jennie being taken into the delivery room.

"Lisa..."

"You may not be the one who drugged the soup, but what happened to your responsibility to take care of her?"

Da Hae was stunned as she lowered her head in self-blame, "It was all my fault."

"Think carefully, where did things go wrong?" Lisa did not continue to release his anger on someone that was on the same side. When it came to taking care of Jennie, his responsibility was obviously bigger.

A moment later, the doctor came out of the delivery room followed by Jennie's bed.

"False alarm; it was just a false contraction," the doctor let out a sigh of relief after providing his explanation. "I suggest that the patient remain in the hospital for a couple of days so I can continue to observe her condition. If the same situation happens or if the patient requires premature labor, we can treat her promptly."

After listening to the doctor's words, Lisa looked at Jennie. His heart ached so much that it felt numb.

If the pregnancy could still be terminated, he would rather not have this child so Jennie wouldn't have to suffer.