455

Possibly because the women's words were too harsh and hurtful, Duan Jinghong suddenly stormed forward and dragged Song Xin away.

"That's enough. You have no right to judge what my artist does."

Song Xin felt like she had suffered a huge humiliation. She was so angry that she wanted to dig a hole to hide inside. But, how was Jennie at this moment? Her expression was indifferent, completely disregarding Song Xin's​ existence.

"If it wasn't because we saw your artist trying to make things difficult for a pregnant woman, why would we be bothered to judge her?"

"You..."

Song Xin didn't want Duan Jinghong to be humiliated as well, so she simply glared at Jennie and said in a shaky voice, "That's enough."

Hearing this, Jennie patted the women that were helping her on the shoulders and said, "Thank you for your help. I'm fine. You don't need to worry. At a place like this, they would never do anything to me."

Since the victim was fine with the situation, the women naturally had no reason to continue. So, before they left, they politely smiled at Jennie, "It was nothing."

Afterwards, they turned and left, leaving Jennie and Duan Jinghong standing in the entrance of the bathroom.

Song Xin's eyes glowed red. From her heaving chest, it wasn't hard to tell that she was desperately trying to contain her anger...

"I'm going to step out and get some fresh air," Song Xin said before she left. Every second she spent in front of Jennie made her feel like she was suffocating.

Duan Jinghong watched as Song Xin left. She then scanned her surroundings. Seeing that no one else was around, she finally said to Jennie, "There are rumors on the outside that you are a calculative person; they were right. Jennie, you are frightening. You obviously knew that your popularity was miles from Song Xin, yet you still humiliated her at a place like this. You are simply terrifying."

"What about you? You were aware that my popularity was higher than hers, yet you didn't warn nor stop her. You simply let her do what she wanted. What were you thinking?" Jennie asked as she raised her chin. "From what I see, you were deliberately trying to see her embarrass herself."

"Do you think people scheme against the people around them like you do? Now that you've humiliated Song Xin, I guess it's payback for the fact that she used you to create hype. So, from now on, we are even..." After speaking, Duan Jinghong tried to leave, but as she walked past Jennie, she heard a cold laugh from her.

"Even? Are you sure?" Jennie mocked with a deeper meaning. "Within this industry, I love getting even. But...are you sure that you've paid me back for everything?"

Hearing this, Duan Jinghong felt her body tremble all of a sudden as her palms got sweaty...

What did Jennie mean?

Did she realize something?

No...that wasn't possible.

"We obviously have a different understanding of this word," Jennie turned and glanced at Duan Jinghong before whispering beside her ear, "This is just the start."

Duan Jinghong's eyes grew big, but Jennie had already turned away.

Of course, Duan Jinghong expected people from the entertainment industry to be good at bluffing, especially the pregnant Jennie. The more someone was insecure, the more they pretended like nothing worried them. That was their only way to threaten their opponents. So, Duan Jinghong did not take Jennie's words to heart. She simply focused on comforting Song Xin and quickly forgot everything that Tangning said.