538

After hearing what Jennie said, Hanbin was filled with curiosity, "The public once said that you can read minds. Could that be true?"

"Regardless of whether I can or not, I'm not someone you can get close to. I think it's best if we keep our distance," Jennie replied. "I can't possibly be nice to someone that leaves a bad impression. So, I hope Mr. Kim can stay a certain distance from me."

"You are very difficult to get along with."

Jennie did not respond to this as she turned around and left.

Initially, when Jennie arrived at the college and the foreigners singled her out, she decided that it wouldn't be a problem as long as she ignored them. But now, a Hanbin arrived and he made her very uncomfortable.

"Why don't you share your film with me? Perhaps I can be of some help. After all, my sci-fi manhua is quite popular. Besides, how can you complete a film on your own?"

"You're really annoying."

Hanbin never expected that Jennie would completely reject him.

Jennie was indeed difficult to get along with. She only treated people close to her wholeheartedly.

With this thought, Hanbin realized that Jennie was too big of a challenge. But, it made him even more interested.

However, Lisa quickly sensed the danger in this man. Of course, he never doubted Jennie's ability to deal with the opposite sex because his wife never made him worry. But, there were some things that he still needed to keep an eye on.

"These foreigners have a genuine discrimination towards Asian actors."

"No one shows any respect for me whatsoever. I had heard about it in the past, but I'd never experienced it before," Jennie sighed after a week of study.

"Have you been treated unfairly?"

"Not entirely. I just don't like being treated differently," Jennie replied. "I can understand comparisons from society because people want to satisfy their own interests. But, when it comes to the college..."

"There's nothing we can do about that. We are indeed too far behind."

Jennie nodded in understanding. As the CEO of Manoban Entertainment, he probably experienced the same treatment much more than her.

Asian actors barely received respect in the Western world. Although, they were gradually being noticed and things were beginning to change, they still didn't receive invitations to partake in any films.

However, these first few days were just previews for the disrespect she would soon receive. Because, following on, an example mentioned by the professor made her feel completely humiliated.

"When it comes to films, I would like to bring up an example. A certain country has released 150 films a year for the last decade, but not a single one of their films has ever made it to the international stage. Could anyone tell me what this means? It means that the quality of their films are still at a basic level."

"Perhaps their directors are still from elementary school or are half asleep."

"They produce sloppy films and simply rely on word of mouth to gain decent results in the box office. This is why they would never film anything with seriousness."

"So, to be exact, they are businessmen - not directors."

"Their eyes are filled with dollar signs - not passion..."

"But, film is a form of art! And no one can disrespect art! That's why I predict that in the coming ten years, this certain country will still produce films that can't compare to the Western market."