434

Hyun-joo froze in place, no longer opposing Lisa.

She knew, at this moment, no matter what she was to say, it would only make Lisa and Jennie hate her even more.

So, after glaring into Lisa's eyes, Hyun-joo admitted defeat. Holding in her anger, she turned and retreated to her bedroom.

"There are a lot of questions I have about mom," Jennie said as she slightly turned to look at Lisa. "Logically speaking, she is from the Shin Family, so why isn't her surname Shin? And, why does she hate actors so much?"

"If she hates actors so much, then how does she tolerate Ryujin, grandfather and the entire Manoban Entertainment?"

Faced with Jennie's question, Lisa lowered his head and gently brushed the back of Jennie's hand, "I should have addressed these questions earlier, but there are some things that I haven't even clarified for myself yet. So, give me some time."

Although Jennie was a little confused by the meaning behind Lisa's words, they had been married for long enough for her to understand him. So, she nodded her head, "I trust you."

Lisa reached his arm around Jennie's shoulder and gently caressed her. However, his gaze followed in the direction that Hyun-joo had left with an unfathomable darkness.

"Even if she didn't do that and didn't delete the message on my phone, I may not have attended the auditions anyway."

"But, the thing that I am most curious about is, how did she know the password on my phone?"

"What would you like to eat? I'll make it for you," Lisa changed the subject at the right time and held onto Jennie's shoulder as he sat down. "Leave this matter with me. I'll arrange for Jisoo to come over tomorrow. You don't need to worry about anything. No one will be able to insult you again."

"By the way, I finally feel like you didn't dote on Taehyung for nothing."

...

As for the French drama, after reading the script, Jennie and Lisa both felt that there was no point playing a similar character for the sake of popularity. After all, she already played an introverted fighter in 'The Lost Relative'. If she was to play a similar character again, it wouldn't be much of a challenge. So, naturally, the role wasn't very attractive to Jennie.

Above all, the child in her stomach was almost 7 months old. It wasn't necessary for her to take the risk.

However, while the public was still trying to guess if Jennie would turn up at the auditions, Sung-jae turned up at Hyatt Regency to look for Jennie.

Seeing Sung-jae, Jennie let out a laugh, "You wouldn't be here unless you needed something. Speak, what do you want from me this time?"

Sung-jae was dressed in a light grey suit, looking like a business elite. In his hands was a thick stack of papers. After smiling back at Jennie, he placed a script in front of her, "Have a look and see if you are interested."

Jennie lowered her head and noticed that the name on the script was 'Concubine Ning'...

"The lead female protagonist is a villain!"

Hearing this, Jennie let out a laugh. He was indeed an ex-top-manager who understood what she liked and disliked. So, he knew that she didn't like typical things and liked to challenge the impossible.

"Are you interested? This drama is produced by Ciwen Film and Television and directed by Chen Feng. He mentioned before that you'd be his first consideration if he comes across a good script. He has not gone back on his words."