587

Not long after Elder Wang left prison, he headed straight over to the US. Then, as soon as he returned to Seoul, he snuck into the crew of 'The Ant Queen 2'. So, even at this point, he had not truly realized the scale of Manoban Entertainment.

As the leader of the industry, Lisa was an authoritative figure in entertainment. Under his reign, Manoban Entertainment was a conscientious agency that had nurtured multiple big name superstars and best actors/actresses. During this time, Elder Manoban had already retired.

Elder Wang, on the other hand, was only capable of doing shady things. How else could he go up against the Manoban Family? After all, he had already wasted 20 years of his life. However, Jackson was naive enough to believe that he could choose the honest path and compete with Manoban Entertainment...

Soon, Elder Wang returned to the accommodation that his friend had helped him prepare and began to chat to him about the explosion at Manoban Entertainment's film studio. His friend sighed and said, "Old man, let me be honest with you, I was released a few years before you and it took me ages to reintegrate back into society."

"We are no longer in our era of fighting and violence, everything is about the law. Besides, the police are very capable these days. I don't think your path is viable," the man said wholeheartedly as he puffed a ring of smoke.

"I can't blame your grandson for wanting to stay out of trouble. It wasn't easy for him to get to his current position. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if your grandson gets implicated by you again, then everything he's done will go to waste. Besides, he's right, old man, if you can't beat the Manoban Family out in the open, then your victory is not worth cheering over."

"So, what are you trying to say?"

"Old friend, you're smart. Go home and help your grandson expand Springfall. You can openly steal the Manoban Family's artists. Isn't that more meaningful than lurking in the shadows?"

Elder Wang took a puff of his cigarette and thought long and hard.

"To be honest, old man, since you failed to blow up Lisa this time, I don't think you'll ever get the chance again."

Was he asking a sneaky person to suddenly step out into the open?

"Moreover, old man, you have experience in the industry. A lot of dirty methods are used within the entertainment industry, isn't it easier for you to strike there? These past few years, I've earned a decent amount of money thanks to your support from prison. If you need me to, I can invest money into your plans."

Elder Wang took a deep puff of his cigarette. In the end, he nodded his head, "Let me think for a second."

Although Elder Wang didn't want to admit it, over 20 years had already passed and the world had changed dramatically. Where else could he release his evil ambitions apart from the slightly familiar entertainment industry.

Just as his friend said, rather than lurking in the shadows, why not oppose the Manoban Family in the open? He was going to latch onto them forever.

...

By then, it was almost time for Jackson's wedding. For safety reasons, Jackson did not invite many people. Besides, he and Ashley did not have many friends anyway.

Apart from Little Eggshell and Mother Su, they didn't really have anyone else to invite.

Because of this, Jackson felt bad for Ashley, "I'm sorry to make you marry me like this."

"We don't have many relatives; it's not something that we can decide. So what if we only have a few guests and so what if we have a few hundred? I'm marrying you, not our guests."