422

"It's not like I've never dealt with a pregnant lady before. My assistant once had a relationship with my manager, so I directly gave her a slap. Who would have thought that a small action like that would cause her to have a miscarriage. As you can see, life can be quite fragile, don't you think?"

After speaking, Yang Xi stood up and walked over to the floor-to-ceiling window, "I actually thought of multiple ways to lure you here today. Including many complex schemes..."

"But, I thought, you've been in the industry for so many years, what schemes have you not experienced?"

"So, rather than overcomplicating things, I decided to use the most simplest method. Perhaps, simple may work..."

"After all, intelligent people hate it when others offend their intelligence, and you are the Queen of intelligence."

"You don't need to worry about President Manoban returning to the room. He has his own troubles to deal with."

After listening to what Yang Xi had to say, Jennie glanced down at her stomach and thought for a moment. Afterwards, she lifted her head and said calmly, "Why can't you let the Fei Tian Awards remain fair?"

"Even if I withdraw and you have one less competitor, when you finally hold the award in your hands, will you feel that it is as great as it originally was?"

"I'm happy to give up on the award. But, do you really think that you've won? We aren't professional critics or judges. Don't you want to compete fairly and see who wins?"

Yang Xi stood beside the window unmoved by Jennie's words, "Perhaps we are after different things. Plus, I know you like lecturing people!"

"You are an heiress of the Kim Family. Even if you lose everything, you still have Kim Corps. Plus, you also have Lisa and Manoban Entertainment. On the other hand...I can only rely on myself to advance one step at a time. Did you think it is really that great to be the woman of a gangster?"

"You don't understand how it feels to constantly worry that if you make one wrong move, your corpse may end up being thrown into the wild!"

"So, any chance I get to free myself from this life is important to me."

"Make your decision. There's no point wasting our breaths on useless chatter."

"We are both simply trying to survive."

Jennie looked at the woman in the distance. For a moment, she actually felt like she could relate to her. But, that didn't mean that Yang Xi had an excuse to hold her hostage and threaten her.

"Your situation deserves sympathy, but your actions prove that you are no different to the gangster that you speak of," Jennie tried her best to remain calm. "Anyway, even if I agree to withdraw from the Fei Tian Awards, I still need to contact Lisa first so he can arrange it."

"Jennie, do you think I'm stupid? You are famous for being sly. The best thing you can do, does not require Lisa's involvement. You simply need to take a few indecent photos and that will be enough to disqualify you from the award."

Yang Xi crossed her arms and turned to Jennie with a smile, "You're right. This is the type of world I was brought up in and this is the type of game that I play. So, I can change my mind at any time. It's best that you put that little brain of yours away and forget about retaliating."

"Where's Lisa?"

"Don't worry. As long as you do as I say, I won't make things difficult for him," Yang Xi said as she raised her eyebrows provokingly.

"You may be in control of this game, but if I don't see him safe and sound, you won't get anything from me. Everyone in the industry knows how I am: I'd rather die with glory than live with dishonor. If you want to kill two people, I will be happy to accept the challenge," Jennie looked firmly into Yang Xi's eyes.