408

"If you want to die, then die. Why are you dragging me down with you?" Nancy's eyes turned red as she hung up the phone. After lowering her head and calming herself down, she endured the embarrassment and walked out of the office.

As long as Jennie wasn't sitting on the top spot, Nancy did not consider herself truly defeated. There was always a way.

For example, Kim Corps' annual product launch was just around the corner. That would be her chance.

She refused to believe that she would never sit on the top spot of Kim Corps.

...

In the past few days, Manoban Entertainment had been prioritizing the promotion of 'W.H.'. Although they had already released a 10 second trailer in the past, this time, they released 3 more versions, each one lasting 30 seconds.

This time, no matter if it was the cast or the theme of the film, everything met the expectations of the curious audience. Because of what she had achieved from 'Stupid' with her stunning performance, the audience had increased expectations for actors and felt they could trust her.

"I've already watched the trailer for 'Stupid' over 20 times. I hope the actual film will be released soon."

"Seeing Jennie and Ryujin acting together, makes me feel like I am watching a European or American blockbuster. This is because neither of them are idol actors. They become whatever character they are acting; it's so gratifying. I'm definitely going to watch this in the theatre three times!"

"I hope that 'W.H.' will be able to set a new benchmark for disaster films in China. I also hope that Jennie can return to filming as soon as possible."

The scene of Jennie's retreat was still etched into everyone's memories. So, the release of 'W.H.' ignited the passion of film fans.

"Have the people that slandered Jennie given their apologies yet?"

"They must have been crazy to force such a great actress to retreat. Just because they aren't capable, they teamed up against her. How disgusting!"

"Ever since Jennie announced her retreat, I've turned into an anti-fan of every name that was on the list that was released. I would never be a fan of a bunch of disgusting people."

In the end, 'W.H.' was confirmed for December 6th. A situation like this where a film was a hit even before its release was not unheard of. For example, many Hollywood films were often sold out on opening night, but 'W.H.' was actually comparable.

Under these circumstances, the distribution of the film did not need to take calculated steps like 'Stupid'. After all, even without Jennie, Ryujin was enough to guarantee ticket sales.

It was because of this situation that Nancy developed a misconception: she believed that Jennie still had her entire focus on the entertainment industry and had no interest in Kim Corps.

But, the more famous Jennie got, the more envious Nancy became.

They were both from the Kim Family, but why did Jennie receive so much love and adoration?

This only made Nancy even more ruthless. At this time, Nancy received another invite from the 30-something-year-old shareholder who had previously offered her help. She thought the man was still mocking and teasing her. But, when the man asked if she wanted to win, her heart followed these words into the abyss, led by her desires...

So, she accepted the invite.

...

3pm. Manoban Entertainment's CEO's office. Lisa was working on some business matters while Jisoo stood beside him reporting about the Zhong Family, "News about the Zhong Family being investigated has been released. They shouldn't be able to last until the end of this month."