410

Right now, the only bargaining chip that Nancy had was her shares and her child. She had already been pushed into a dead end by Jennie.

...

Late at night, just around the corner from the Kim Family Household, Nancy boarded a slightly hidden black car, "There are cameras everywhere. What would you do if we get caught?"

"How did Elder Kim respond to you?" Lin Shaoyuan asked as he took a puff from his cigarette.

"On the surface, he appears to be treating me well. But, in reality, he is obviously siding with Jennie." Nancy went from someone that never admitted defeat to a pool of tears.

"You've already gotten to this point. What's the point of crying now?" Lin Shaoyuan asked.

"I can't think of what else I can do..."

"How could you not think of anything? You still have your shares and your child. It's apparent that the old man is still cautious when it comes to your child."

"So what? Jennie has forced me into a dead end and I have nowhere to go..."

Lin Shaoyuan suddenly turned around and looked at Nancy. Through the thin lens of his glasses, his diamond-like eyes sparkled with an icy coldness.

"The biggest difference between you and Jennie is, Jennie likes to act weak while concealing her real abilities; she always analyzes her surroundings quietly before she grabs onto the right time to strike and succeed in one shot."

"You, on the other hand, you can't contain your true feelings!"

This was something that Nancy was well aware of, but she didn't like to admit. Over the years, she had tried so hard to be better than Jennie, but never once did she succeed.

At this moment, Lin Shaoyuan suddenly fell quiet as he pulled out another cigarette from his pocket and lit it. The slight glow of scarlet was eye-catching and eerie against the darkness.

"So, you don't have any other ideas at the moment?"

"Take care of your child and wait patiently for the right time. I will teach you a few things during this time."

"Jennie is endlessly changing. There is no reason for you to remain in the same spot."

"You're also attending Kim Corps' Annual Product Launch, right? Don't let Jennie look down on you again..."

...

To reduce her exposure in front of the public, Jennie actually had no intention to attend the Product Launch.

But, thinking about the troublemaking Nancy, she decided she may still make an appearance sitting amongst the guests without anyone knowing.

This time, Nancy endured for quite some time without using her child as a bargaining chip. It seemed, she had not reached her limit yet.

But, suddenly the thought of what Lisa previously said, suddenly popped up in Jennie's mind.

Lisa once said that he wished to see Nancy being separated from her child and the expression on her face.

So, at this moment, she too wanted to see her expression.

"Recently, I haven't had to call you to know what you are up to. Please...are you trying to be known by everyone?"

It was rare for Rosé to visit Jennie at Hyatt Regency. And just like she said, whenever she wanted to know anything about Jennie, it was as easy as opening up a newspaper.

Jennie smiled but did not say a word.

"Have you actually decided to take over Kim Corps and no longer act?'