415

"Grandfather, I really never expected you to accept my child and I," Nancy couldn't help but feel a little choked up. Perhaps, at this moment, she was truly moved.

But, Elder Kim wasn't going to fall for her tricks again. Especially after all the wrong things she had done.

There was no way that Elder Kim would believe that Nancy would change for the better.

"Say no more, go get some rest," Elder Kim waved his hand. He didn't want to continue playing along with Nancy. After all, for two blood related people to each have separate motives was quite a joke.

"OK grandfather, I'll go up first," Nancy said as she supported her stomach. But, just as she turned around, she noticed Hye Kyo standing behind them with a confused look.

Nancy assumed that Hye Kyo had overheard Elder Kim's intention to give away his shares, so she couldn't hide the pride in her eyes.

Hye Kyo watched quietly as Nancy walked away before she sat down beside Elder Kim, "Father...what is the meaning of this?"

Elder Kim held onto his walking stick with both hands and replied in a stern manner, "They are my shares. I can do what I want with them."

"But..."

"Hye Kyo, you don't need to say anything," Elder Kim held out his hand to stop her. He then stood up and continued, "I've already made my decision. Come with me to the study room. There's no point disapproving. Don't let Nancy overhear us. After all, she's currently pregnant."

Hye Kyo suddenly understood what Elder Kim actually meant as she gently looked behind them and followed Elder Kim into the study room.

"Father..."

"Hye Kyo, I've decided to hand over the position of chairman and I've decided to announce in front of all the staff at Kim Corps that Jennie will be the future chairwoman." Elder Kim leaned against his desk and sighed, "Nancy can't be saved. After she gives birth, she can go wherever she wants, I don't care."

"So, you're saying you don't actually have the intention to give your shares to your first great grandchild?"

"Even if I give a gift to my great grandchild, what does that have to do with Nancy?" Elder Kim asked with a deeper meaning. "Although I know that Jennie isn't willing to take over Kim Corps, I am truly getting old. With you and Taehyung around, I think it's time I hand over all the responsibilty."

"Jenjen won't need to do much. She simply has to hold the position of chairwoman and I'm sure Kim Corps will continue to be on the rise."

"Father..."

Elder Kim waved his hand as a smile suddenly appeared on his face, almost in self mockery, "It's decided. Vacation time is coming up and it's almost time for the company's annual celebration. I will make this announcement at the celebration. Let's make proper preparations so Jenjen can be glamorously anointed."

Hye Kyo remained silent for a few seconds before nodding her head, "OK, we'll follow your arrangements."

"You can do what you want with Nancy, there's no need to consult me. I'll pretend that I've never had this granddaughter."

Elder Kim had well and truly given up on Nancy.

Even though Nancy was pregnant - thinking about all that she had done in the past - Hye Kyo also could not feel an sympathy for her. The only thing she could do was treat Nancy's child with fairness.

...

Late at night, Lisa carried Jennie out of the bathroom and gently placed her on the bed. He then knelt down and gently rubbed her protruding belly.