577

"We're still investigating." Lisa's answer was simple, but his gaze was complicated.

For Jisoo to spend so much time on his investigation, it was obvious that these people were quite difficult to deal with.

"You need to be careful for a while."

The couple soon arrived at the Kim Family home and managed to see their little 'one-eyed' Louis sitting amongst his relatives with a grumpy frown. His expression was exactly like an old man's; nothing like how a child his age should look.

While the grumpy Louis hid in the corner unamused by the teasing from the adults, Leo was already having a blast with Nancy's daughter.

"The two of you have arrived."

Elder Kim looked at the couple happily. Now that he was retired, his days were carefree, so he spent most of it playing with his grandchildren.

"These two devils haven't caused any trouble for you, have they?"

"I'm more worried that you'd take them away," Elder Kim loved the two kids to death, especially Louis who never cried or whined. He was interesting, like he had the mind of an adult.

"That's good." Jennie looked at her kids. Even though she was their mother, she struggled to get a chance to hug them.

There were so many people in the household that, by the time everyone got a few minutes with the kids, half an hour had passed before it was her turn. Before she knew it, Jennie began to feel a little jealous.

"I've seen quite a bit of news about you lately. Is everything fine?" Elder Kim asked during dinner. When Jennie and Lisa didn't answer, he laughed, "Perhaps it's because I'm old, I've gotten used to seeing people coming and going. So, I'm completely immune to acts of betrayal like this from youngsters."

"Saying goodbye is inevitable in every relationship, especially one that is established on money. Even you and Lisa, who are deeply in love, will eventually say goodbye when one leaves the world before the other. So, do what you need to do. Don't be upset by insignificant people and things."

"Understand?"

"Yes, I understand, grandfather," Jennie replied. "It's no big deal, I can resolve it."

"Good, I know how capable my granddaughter and grandson-in-law are!" Elder Kim praised. "You need to keep in mind that the Kim Family will always be here to support you. But, I also hope that you'll never actually need our help."

After all, there was nothing that Jennie and Lisa couldn't resolve on their own.

"Honestly, thank you, grandfather."

"By the way, Taehyung, the rascal, is doing well. He created a perfume that even the Westerners love. The family business is growing by the day thanks to the hard work that you youngsters have put in!"

For some reason, Elder Kim had a lot more to say that night than usual.

Jennie had never experienced her grandfather's doting love, so that night, she finally felt like she had a great grandfather.

"Sis, can you lend me the kids for a couple of days? I want to play with them and use them to teach Sana how to take care of kids," Taehyung was truly in love with the kids as well.

"My kids aren't toys!"

That night, the Kim Family home was filled with chatter and laughter, but little Louis remained as serious as ever; all that was missing was a humph of disdain from his mouth.

An oddly adorable kid like this, naturally won over everyone's hearts.

After receiving encouragement from Elder Kim, Jennie felt re-energized thanks to the power of family.