557

In the end, the opening ceremony for the Film Festival was completed with sighs all around. After all, everyone was fighting for the limelight, but none of them could outshine Jennie's simple outfit. Yet, Jennie covered herself with a suit jacket and left the limelight for a little artist without fighting for it at all.

This was because, all she wanted was to promote 'The Ant Queen'.

During the Film Festival, Jennie heard stories from Rosé about the gossip going around in the industry. She heard about the female star that was caught cheating in bed and was pregnant with another man's child; about the male star that had multiple girlfriends and was being followed by the media; and the couple that had been married for many years and was denying it.

The entertainment industry had always been a place focused on fame and fortune.

Who wasn't trying hard to climb upwards? Perhaps, in these people's hearts, the only reason that Jennie didn't need to follow the rules was because she married a good man.

But, of course, Jennie had to agree with this. Lisa had indeed protected her from a lot of rules and regulations in the industry.

So, whenever she had time, Jennie looked for a quiet place to hide and rest. Unfortunately, there was still an awards ceremony at night that she had to stick around for.

When Sung-jae noticed that her mind was elsewhere, he couldn't help but laugh, "You used to enjoy this kind of atmosphere. When you first started as a model, you enjoyed the attention. But these days, it seems like you don't want to attend events like this anymore."

"I became like this after I started working on my film," Jennie replied.

"I've decided to get engaged with So Hyun. I'm not young anymore and think it's time to have a child. It's best if we have one that's as well-behaved as she is."

After Jennie heard this, she nodded her head, "It is indeed time that you should have some stability in your life and settle down. So Hyun has suffered a lot and should be very tired. You're getting old and So Hyun's not young either. You should go easy on her."

"That's enough, let's head back out. People already gossiped about us in the past, if someone decides to use this against us, then we would have to waste a lot of time trying to explain ourselves again."

"You go back out first. I'm going to wait for Rosé," Jennie replied.

Sung-jae nodded his head and returned to the event.

However, Hanbin, who had his eye on Jennie, noticed this and took a photo. The reason he had accompanied Hanjie to this event was because he wanted to follow Jennie and take photos of her. Since this woman made it impossible for him to appear openly in the public, shouldn't he give a response?

Of course, those that knew Jennie, knew that she once had a scandal with Sung-jae. If they saw a photo of them together, wouldn't it be evidence that they were using this event to meet and cheat?

Lisa was putting too much trust in his woman...

While taking photos, Hanbin also tried to get up close and listen to the conversation between Jennie and Sung-jae. That's when he heard something about a child and stability.

This made Hanbin even more certain that their relationship wasn't normal.

Of course, Hanbin knew that the whole cheating scandal was seriously old news. Even if someone tried to create hype with it, it wouldn't stir up much of a response. But, a woman's cheating habits couldn't be changed.

So...Jennie could still be criticized.

As a result, Hanbin put on a disguise, deliberately tweaked the conversation between the two and began to discuss it with some of the cathedral staff. This way, rumors would definitely start.