596

No one could tell how the stubborn Elder Wang truly felt during the entire fiasco, but his every move was indeed selfish and vengeful.

Now, whenever Little Eggshell saw the old man, she automatically hid in her room in fear. It seemed, the incident last time had truly traumatized her. Moreover, she had roughly understood the cause of her father's near-death experience, so, she wanted to hide from the old man as much as she could.

Elder Wang accepted the fact that he would probably spend the rest of his life on his own, so he did not expect too much from Little Eggshell and Ashley.

After all, he was simply focused on the past and not on the future.

But, this persistence was purely to avenge his 20 odd years in prison.

Was he ruthless?

This was beyond doubt.

Then, was he pitiful?

If one thought about it, he was indeed pitiful.

Ashley often felt bad for the old man, but it was impossible to get close to him and show some care. She was scared that if she got close to him, she would end up being used by him.

...

That night, Ashley walked into the study room after having a bath and found Jackson staring at a photo of his parents. Without items like this, he would have already forgotten how his parents looked like.

"Will Grandfather really be happy after he gets his revenge? Even if he succeeds and makes the Manoban Family suffer, will be really be happy?"

"He is no longer at the point where he cares about his happiness. He is simply living for one reason: to make the Manoban Family suffer. He can't stop because, if he stops, he will lose all motivation to live," Jackson said as he wrapped his arm around Ashley.

Ashley's heart ached for Jackson. Even though Elder Wang almost caused him to never wake up again, he did not hate his Grandfather, he even gave him a chance to seek his revenge.

This man looked tall and dangerous, but he was actually very kind-hearted.

"Can you share all your pain with me? Seeing you this way makes my heart ache..."

Jackson gripped onto Ashley's waist and smiled, "Shouldn't all men be tolerant like this?"

"No, of course not."

At least, Lisa would never suffer such a loss.

And Jennie would never allow it either.

They both treated themselves really well.

"That's enough, everyone has their own life motto. Your favorite Jennie, for example, is persistent in following her motto of not attacking those that don't attack her first. Whereas, my motto is to not throw the blame on fate nor others and to always be kind-hearted."

After hearing this, Ashley let out a laugh, "You're wrong, my favorite person isn't Jennie. My favorite person...is you!"

"From now on, if anyone tries to bully you, I can beat them up for you. Don't forget that I came from the military."

"Silly!" Jackson lowered his head and kissed Ashley on the lips. Afterwards, the couple went to bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

It was because of Jackson's noble nature that Jennie acknowledged him as a person, and it was also the reason why she was willing to help him.

However, the two families had an odd relationship.

They were originally enemies, but now, one of them saved the other's life.