527

Doyeon sat outside the ICU, overcome with complex feelings. If she was a weak woman, Han Xiao's plan may have actually worked. She may have already believed that Lucas and Han Xiao were together and that Lucas planned to sign their divorce papers without notifying her about it.

In this world, it wasn't easy to maintain one's belief in something. On the other hand, it was extremely easy to develop suspicions.

However, Han Xiao wasn't dealing with a normal woman - she was dealing with Doyeon.

Doyeon sat outside the ICU for quite some time, but there was no news from inside. The four bodyguards sent by Jennie had already arrived and Mother Li was there as well.

So, Mother Li grabbed onto one of the nurses and questioned her, but the nurse simply replied that it was outside of visiting hours and that it wouldn't be convenient for them to visit him because he was seriously injured and still unconscious.

"What kind of rubbish hospital wouldn't let a person's own mother visit them?!"

"Mom, this is the Han Family's hospital," Doyeon replied. "We need to do as they say for now."

"But Doyeon, does that mean we will continue to be restricted like this? How shameless of them to blackmail someone with a life..." Mother Li scoffed. Although she was grateful that the Han Family saved her son, to see them treat him like this, made her feel as though not saving him was better.

"Let's keep waiting a little longer," Doyeon comforted.

Mother Li took a deep breath; she had never felt this hopeless before. If she wanted to see her own son, did she have to go through the Han Family's approval?

"Karma will eventually come around."

Like this, the entire family ended up sitting in the VIP waiting lounge for an entire day. Finally, they reached the night time visiting hours. Mother Li grabbed onto an ICU medical staff again, but the staff said impatiently to Mother Li, "I've said it before, Mr. Li's current condition is not suitable for visitors. Do you want your son to live?"

"I am his mother. I demand to see his hospital records," Mother Li shook in anger.

"Looking at the records doesn't change the fact that Mr. Li is seriously injured. Even if you demand to take him away, the hospital won't approve of it because it involves a life."

The Li Family could tell that this was all a part of the Han Family's plan.

"Mom, don't argue with them," Doyeon immediately stopped Mother Li.

The masked doctor thought that Doyeon was coming to a compromise, so a smile appeared on his face. But, Doyeon quickly added, "When the time asks for it, we will not hold back."

"Let's go, then!"

After hearing their conversation, the doctor was a little scared. Doyeon was obviously not easy to deal with, plus, she pretty much belonged to the entertainment industry. If she wanted to create drama, it was extremely easy to do.

"Miss Lin, I am Mr. Li's doctor. I think you should show me a bit of respect. After all, you still need my help to treat your husband."

"If my husband knew that his wife was being mistreated in this way, I'm sure he wouldn't want to be treated by a doctor like you. Let's leave it here and stop talking nonsense." After she was done speaking, Lin Qian and Mother Li turned and left.

"Doyeon, what should we do now? We haven't even laid our eyes on him once. Will we have to beg Han Xiao?"

Since they were on someone else's territory, did it mean that they had to come to a compromise?