489

"Plus, do you want your sister to discover you straight away?"

After listening to what Doyeon said, Xing Lan contemplated for an entire night and agreed that Doyeon's reasoning made sense. She needed to keep a low profile, even if not for any other reason but to hide from her sister.

So, for the auditions, her aim was to display that she had a solid foundation.

9am. Xing Lan arrived at the auditions accompanied by Doyeon. Seeing the crowded hectic scene, Xing Lan couldn't help but sigh. No matter how difficult it was, the amount of people that wanted to be famous would never decrease.

There were strict guidelines for the auditions. Whether it was age or height, there were certain standards. After all, the winner would eventually sign with Manoban Entertainment. So they couldn't just accept anyone.

Xing Lan's conditions weren't bad. In the eyes of the judges, apart from looking a little countrified, she pretty much ticked all the boxes.

However, they had no idea that Jennie had deliberately made Xing Lan look this way.

Her non-threatening look made her less noticeable and unlikely to attract enemies.

As for those that captured attention straight from the start and were too flashy, they were easily remembered, but they also became the public enemy.

Against someone like Xing Lan, enemies would only use 30% of their strength, but against someone that liked to show off, they would use everything they had.

Gradually, those that qualified for the auditions received a number and headed into the main hall to wait for their names to be called.

As there were a lot of candidates, the judges could only give each person a short amount of time. Everyone wanted to make the best use of their time to prove themselves, but plenty of them ended up revealing their weaknesses instead.

In fact, to get into the next round, some of the candidates put a lot of effort into their appearance and clothing just so they could stand out in the crowd and leave a lasting impression on the judges. But, Xing Lan followed Jennie's instructions and turned up with basic clothes and no makeup. Her appearance was simple, yet slightly cool.

"Go, it's your turn." Doyeon was accompanying Xing Lan. So, as soon as she heard the judges call Xing Lan's name, she immediately gave her a nudge, "Don't think too much. Trust in yourself."

Xing Lan nodded and walked straight into the audition room.

The judges had gotten used to seeing extravagant and fancy appearances, so Xing Lan was quite a surprise.

Although she didn't look as neat and tidy as the other candidates, she had a clean appearance and looked especially pure and innocent.

One of the judges took a glance at Xing Lan and waved her hand, "Start."

Xing Lan's voice was clean and she did not select a difficult song to sing. In fact, she chose a relaxed and cheery children's song. This made the judges put down their pens and turn their focus to her.

"Hey, this one's not bad."

"After listening to so many songs, this one has been the easiest on the ear."

"The previous female singer was so high-pitched that my eardrums nearly popped."

"After putting up with so much rubbish, it's quite relaxing to listen to a children's song."

As a result, Xing Lan sang the entire song - for three whole minutes!

The judges looked at Xing Lan and nodded their heads, "Keep doing what you're doing. There's no need to look fancy. Just focus on your singing and you will go far."