453

Sung-jae did not arrive too early nor too late. He arrived just in time to see the woman slap So Hyun.

He had promised that he wasn't going to help her, but, seeing So Hyun being humiliated in such a way, his right leg disobediently took a step forward. However, after one step, he quickly retreated. He couldn't waste a great opportunity for So Hyun to grow by being too overprotective.

Because of So Hyun's nimble skills, the director had not hired a stunt double for her role. But, after he replaced her, he specifically found one. So, contrary to what So Hyun had said, the woman had a stunt double to help her.

The woman looked at So Hyun with ridicule. She seemed to think that she was stupid and naive, "The person without a stunt double is you, not me."

So, So Hyun watched as the woman focused on looking good on screen, while the stunt double took care of all the action scenes.

It wasn't fair!

So Hyun could no longer hold back the fire that was boiling up inside her, so she walked over and said to the director, "Director, can you let me act out this scene? I simply want to give it a try..."

"Leave, stop wasting my time," the director looked at So Hyun impatiently.

"Director, you must know how high Lin Sheng's expectations are. Compared to someone that uses a stunt double, I'm sure he prefers acting with someone who does their action scenes themselves," So Hyun followed behind the director and tried to seize an opportunity for herself.

After hearing this, the director turned around and glanced at So Hyun. He then nodded his head, "Your reasoning makes sense. Sometimes to create a life-like result, you need to look at the interaction between actors."

"How about this, why don't you act out a scene with Ling Long."

Act out a scene?

What acting? It was more like asking her to suffer beatings.

"What? Are you afraid? If you don't want to do it, then forget it."

"I'll do it," So Hyun grabbed onto the director and said in a firm voice. "If I perform well alongside her, will you let me try out her scene?"

"Go ahead!"

Sung-jae stood in the distance watching as So Hyun grabbed onto the director. She no longer appeared as childish as before because she was obviously putting in a lot of effort.

No wonder when the director asked her to be beaten up in a passerby role, she agreed.

Seeing So Hyun's serious challenge, the woman was afraid she'd have her role snatched back from her, so she didn't use a stunt double and decided to act out the scene herself.

But, the most frightening thing about the scene was, So Hyun had to accept the beatings without fighting back.

"Come Ling Long, pay attention to your safety. Let's begin," the director reminded as he waved at the woman named Ling Long. He then gestured for the set assistant to clap the slate. He did not expect So Hyun to be able to withstand the punches and kicks.

However, after filming started, everyone was shocked. Not only did So Hyun endure Ling Long's beating, but she was also extremely in character.

In reality, when it came to action scenes, the director was still confident in So Hyun. But, when it came to emotional scenes, she was a bit worrying.

After all, action scenes were her specialty.

But, So Hyun aside, even observers felt painful watching the scene in front of them. After all, Ling Long threw punches left, right and center, each punch with more force than anyone else would apply.