469

Jennie was in no rush to clarify things because she didn't think it was time yet.

But, the drama needed to choose a male lead. So, Lisa ended up giving Jennie two choices: Lu Yiling or Long Xing.

Lu Yiling had a noble appearance, one that suited the emperor in the novel. Although his acting was quite mechanical, his appearance was a plus.

On the other hand, Long Xing was the complete opposite. He didn't really stand out in ancient costume, but he was comfortable to look at and not easy to get sick of. Most importantly, his acting was spectacular.

Both men had their strengths, advantages and disadvantages.

As Jennie looked at the information for the two men, she remained silent for quite a while. As soon as Lisa saw this, he knew exactly what she was thinking, "You're not happy with either of them?"

Jennie looked at Lisa quietly like she was staring into his soul.

"I've already contacted both of them to come for auditions. You should come and have a look as well."

Jennie nodded her head. But, she actually felt that the male lead she truly hoped for, was impossible.

...

As soon as Bai Yu returned to Korea, Bai Linlin suddenly found she had someone to rely on. Erasing the dreaded memory of the punishment in front of Jennie, Bai Linlin could now flaunt her power once again.

Of course, she still remembered the grudge she held against So Hyun. Even if she couldn't pick on Jennie- who barely took a step out of her house - being able to teach So Hyun a lesson wasn't a bad alternative.

Plus, they were both currently vying for a role in 'The Best Ex-girlfriend', so their chances of seeing each other were a lot higher.

After quitting from 'Concubine Ning', Sung-jae placed all his focus on So Hyun. He felt relieved to see that she had matured and become a lot more understanding.

Today, they were attending a test reading of the script. Sung-jae accompanied So Hyun to the bathroom and escorted her right to the door.

Bai Linlin happened to be coming out of the bathroom at this time. As soon as she saw Sung-jae, she sneered and walked up to him, "Mr. Yook."

Sung-jae leaned back against the wall and glanced casually at Bai Linlin.

"I heard you were once a top manager. But, from the looks of it, your abilities are quite mediocre...You've already struggled so much just to manage one So Hyun, what other results can you produce?"

Sung-jae didn't want to respond, so he ignored her like she didn't exist.

Seeing this, Bai Linlin scoffed, "For someone like So Hyun, even if you support her for an entire lifetime, she will never become a superstar. You should give up."

After hearing this, Sung-jae pointed to his ear, "I don't understand animal language. Or perhaps, my hearing isn't too good."

Bai Linlin sneered and strutted away. Not long after, So Hyun exited the bathroom and looked at Sung-jae, "I heard Bai Linlin's voice just a moment ago. Was she causing you trouble?"

"Let's go. It's about to start," Sung-jae had no intention to explain.

"Did she insult you?"

Sung-jae remained silent.

Therefore, So Hyun did not ask any further. But, she promised to herself that she'd become the best artist in Sung-jae's hands; that she'd dazzle everyone and make him lift his head in pride.