446

That night, So Hyun was immersed in her own thoughts.

Every time she closed her eyes, she would think about the way she was insulted earlier by the group of men. She tried her best to resist seeking Annie for revenge and it tormented her. As a result, she broke out in a fever in the middle of the night.

Sung-jae didn't find out that she wasn't well until early in the morning when he remembered that she hadn't eaten all day and was worried that she was hungry. Upon entering the room, he grabbed her wrist and realized that he had been wrong.

So Hyun was already convulsing from a serious fever.

"Let me take you to the hospital," Sung-jae stretched out his arms to carry So Hyun, but So Hyun resisted.

"I don't need to go."

"It's not the right time for you to be stubborn," Sung-jae said as he pressed down on her feverish body. "You are currently having a fever, you need medical help."

"If I say I'm not going, then I'm not going," when So Hyun was persistent, no one could stop her. "Get out of my room. I'm simply having a fever because I can't hold back my anger and it's tormenting me."

Sung-jae suddenly fell quiet. He knew that he would never understand the humiliation that So Hyun had gone through. And he knew that it was because of him that this carefree girl had suffered.

As a result, he couldn't help but pull So Hyun into his embrace, "I'm sorry. This was all my fault."

"I don't care who's at fault. I just want Annie to pay for what she has done!"

"I understand. I will definitely present you with this opportunity!" Sung-jae promised. "Stop torturing yourself. I won't be able to handle it. Soo-young got into a similar argument with me in the past and afterwards, she died in a car accident. I don't want history to repeat itself."

"You must be seeing things. I'm nothing like your long-gone girlfriend. Even if I'm to die, I would definitely drag someone with me to soften the fall."

So Hyun wasn't someone that others were allowed to offend. There was a strength in her character that could be easily seen.

Sung-jae understood how So Hyun was like, so all he could do was hug her tightly, not letting go, "Let others die and face the consequences on their own."

So Hyun returned Sung-jae's hug as she trembled in anger. After a while, she finally said to Sung-jae, "I miss my mom..."

"I'll take you to Hyatt Regency tomorrow."

So, as promised, Sung-jae brought So Hyun to Hyatt Regency the next day.

Upon seeing her daughter, Da Hae immediately hugged her as her heart ached, "Why do you look unwell?"

"Mom, can you sleep by my side for a little bit..." only in front of Da Hae did Jennie ever reveal the girly side of herself.

"OK, I'll take you to my room..." Da Hae glanced at Jennie before leading So Hyun into the guest bedroom.

Sung-jae looked helplessly at the two women as they disappeared into the room. He then turned his attention to Jennie, "Jennie, I have a favor to ask of you."

"I don't think you've ever pleaded me for anything before," Jennie said as she closed the script in her hands. "Tell me what it is. If there's something I can do, I will definitely do it."

"It's not convenient for me to step out and do anything. Especially since So Hyun doesn't trust me. So, I can only rely on you..." Sung-jae said before he recalled the events that happened the day before. "On the way here, I already did some research. President Wang will be taking Annie to an event. And this event may be the only one that is worthy of your attendance..."