457

Rosé shrugged her shoulders; she too did not understand the rules of this new industry.

To speed up the process of finding the truth, Lisa instructed Jisoo to contact the owner of the web novel site and asked them to provide them with proof. Although the other party wasn't a big empire like Manoban Entertainment, they still had their legal documents in order and quickly pulled out their files from 3 years ago. The officially stamped contract for 'The Tracker' proved that the novel did exist 3 years ago. This was solid evidence.

"President, all signs point to obvious plagiarism and the other party have already provided us with proof. Elder Wu's script is undoubtedly plagiarized."

Lisa looked at the slightly yellowed contract and read through the contents in detail before he threw it aside.

"Keep investigating."

"You still want to investigate?" Jisoo asked. As Lisa lifted his head, Jisoo touched his head nervously, "What I mean is, shouldn't we think of a way to remedy the situation instead?"

"If I try to remedy the situation before I've determined the truth, I may attract other problems. Manoban Entertainment will only end up slapping themselves in the face."

Lisa lead Manoban Entertainment, but he never allowed anyone to use cheap tricks just to achieve certain motives even though good and bad often crossed paths in the entertainment industry.

"What if the result of our investigation is still the same?"

"There's bound to be a flaw."

Why was he so confident? Because he personally picked this script from a pile of other scripts. When he took the script to Jennie, he had already done his research; Manoban Entertainment never allowed plagiarism. So, where did 'The Tracker' come from? And how did it actually have a contract as proof. Lisa found it extremely odd.

What an interesting situation.

However, time didn't seem to allow for slow progression. After the plagiarism scandal escalated, the author of the web novel finally stepped out to speak. He had hired a lawyer and was ready to put through a copyright claim.

He even described Manoban Entertainment as a big shark that could swallow a small fish like him alive. So, he had to quickly clarify the situation to avoid future troubles. This was the only way he could recruit the masses to monitor Manoban Entertainment and keep them under check.

He actually called Manoban Entertainment a big shark!

Furthermore, he demanded that Manoban Entertainment act accordingly and stop protecting the screenwriter. Not only did he ask for compensation and an apology, he also told them to ban the screening of 'The Lost Relative' in all theaters, claiming that this was the only proper way to deal with the situation.

As he was a victim, his every word sounded reasonable.

All of a sudden, he seemed to have spoken the thoughts of every single author in the nation. All the authors quickly gathered to boycott 'The Lost Relative' and demanded that Elder Wu provide a public apology.

At that moment, every single piece of evidence pointed towards Elder Wu being a plagiarist. All of a sudden, it felt like no one could prove his innocence.

Elder Wu felt angry and wronged. Faced with the public's inability to differentiate between right and wrong, he ended up falling ill.

"Hurry out here and apologize! Stop being a chicken!"

"This screenwriter had many good scripts in the past, I never thought he'd make a mistake like this. Has he perhaps exhausted his talents​?"

"Regardless, I think all plagiarists should self-destruct on the spot."