592

Leo witnessed the way that Louis spoke to Little Eggshell, so he couldn't help but ask, "Louis...do you not like Little Eggshell?"

This was the second time that Leo asked this question. The first time he asked, Louis told him that he didn't dislike her.

But, this time, he was caught in the act. Could he still deny it?

In the end, Louis nodded his head, "She's a little annoying..."

Although Leo was a little disappointed, he was determined to support his brother, so he replied, "OK, if you don't like her, then I don't like her either..."

Louis looked at Leo. Although he was meant to be the younger brother, he patted his older brother on the head with approval.

He was relieved.

...

After returning home, Little Eggshell broke down in tears. But, she was no longer close to Ashley and Jackson; she was only close to her great-grandfather.

Ashley looked at Little Eggshell's red swollen eyes, but even though she was worried about her, she knew Little Eggshell would only ignore her.

Needless to say, the old man had gone too far.

The small family of four had been torn into two groups because of him. Unfortunately, Little Eggshell was still small and Ashley couldn't get her to understand adult matters. Even if she could, Little Eggshell would not believe her. After all, her great-grandfather completely doted on her and fulfilled her every wish.

For some reason, at that moment, Jennie came to mind.

Although she didn't think it was right for her to think of Jennie, she didn't want to be stuck in this predicament anymore. She needed to find a way to win back Little Eggshell's heart, otherwise, there would be no point saying anything later.

So, she explained to Jackson that she wanted to see Jennie. Jackson wanted to object, but just as the words reached his lips, he swallowed them back down.

"Go ahead...I'll get someone to drive you there."

His relationship with his daughter was managed badly and his wife was put in a difficult position. He didn't expect his wife to be so immersed in Little Eggshell's matter, so he couldn't let his daughter continue being spoilt.

So, he agreed to let Ashley meet with Jennie because Jennie was honestly an expert at comforting people.

There were some things that women couldn't talk about in front of men, but in front of other women, they had endless things to vent about, and Ashley had some venting to do.

Soon after, Jackson gave his assistant a phone call, "Go get Cai from school right now."

"But, she's in the middle of class..."

"Take the day off," Jackson said. If he didn't act quickly, Elder Wang would end up taking her away again.

"OK, President," the assistant immediately went to carry out his mission.

...

Actually, Jennie never expected that Ashley would ever meet with her again. Although she was in a position to ignore Ashley if she wanted to, Ashley was already at her front door, so there was no reason to ignore her.

Stepping foot into Hyatt Regency again, Ashley appeared very tense. After all, she was now Jackson's wife and she was meeting with their enemy's wife. It seemed a little wrong, but apart from Jennie, she couldn't think of anyone else that could help her.