470

"I'm not a child, is it necessary for you to worry about this?" Jennie patted Lisa on the back of his hand and smiled, "Don't worry, everything will be perfect."

"After being suppressed for so long...it's time for my Nini to shine," Lisa spoke like a fan. "Although the event tomorrow isn't anything important, it will be your first appearance in front of the public after giving birth. Also, it will be the perfect chance to prove things..."

It was the perfect chance to prove that Bai Yu was stupid.

"I understand!" Jennie nodded.

"By the way, you will have a costume fitting in two days time. Right now, my mind is filled with images of how you will look in ancient attire," Lisa said as he looked at Jennie in the mirror, "You will definitely look perfect."

In reality, Jennie was also imagining how Lisa would look dressed as an emperor. The sight would definitely amaze everyone.

Lisa looked into Jennie's eyes through the reflection in the mirror. The couple's hearts were connected, so they naturally understood what the other was thinking, but Lisa did not let her know that he knew. He simply kissed her on the back and stepped out. He was afraid, if he stayed there any longer, he and Jennie would put on a passionate, love action scene...

...

Meanwhile, after seeing Jennie's commercial, Bai Yu spent the entire night struggling to sleep. So, she got out of bed and made a few phone calls to some friends in the industry.

"Once Jennie strikes, she never shows her opponent any mercy..."

"Bai Yu, how did you get on Jennie's bad side. She's not easy to deal with. She's already thrown a couple of enemies into prison."

"Jennie is backed by Lisa. Why would you compete with her?"

Bai Yu wanted to hear a different point of view. But, everyone simply avoided Jennie. As soon as she mentioned Jennie's name, they would end the conversation.

"Bai Yu, you should make the most of your role in 'Concubine Ning' and stop competing with Jennie. She simply appears weak on the surface."

Why didn't these people say all this before the headlines began saying that she was crushed and suppressed by Jennie?

Only after Jennie made a comeback did they try to convince her.

But, Bai Yu simply viewed it as the first encounter with Jennie. She couldn't allow herself to be flustered. After all, she had been in Hollywood for many years. Was there really a person that she couldn't go up against?

With this thought, Bai Yu returned to her room. Seeing her husband sitting up against the headboard waiting for her, she let out a sigh. At least she had someone to depend on: a husband that was obedient towards her...

...

It was Jennie's first time making an appearance in front of the public since giving birth, so, her ability to attract the media's attention could not be underestimated. After all, Bai Yu had made the media think that she overshadowed Jennie in multiple aspects: including her figure and EQ. And Jennie appeared like she couldn't refute even a word. Yet, she suddenly appeared as the spokesperson for a big name brand. The turn of events was too satisfying of a face slap.

But, even though Jennie easily demonstrated her capability and showed off her figure with a 30 second commercial, what about her EQ?

During the time that Jennie was suppressed by Bai Yu, the media had no way of knowing how she felt because they never got the chance to see her. So now that they finally got the chance, they were definitely going to ask for her thoughts.