583

Although Jennie already made the suggestion, Ashley still did not do as told. She was actually more concerned about Jackson's feelings.

No, to be exact, she had subconsciously started to care about Jackson's feelings. Hence, she continued to pick up Little Eggshell and the twins separately.

After living in the Wang Family Home for a few days, she barely had the chance to see Jackson because he was relatively busy.

Since he had only returned to Seoul not long ago, he didn't have the foundation that Lisa had. So, he was required to handle all matters personally. Besides, he now had someone to take care of Little Eggshell for him, so he had more time to focus on his work.

This made Ashley a little uncertain about their relationship; perhaps Jackson had really acted on impulse that day and didn't mean what he said.

But, that night, just as she was heading back to her bedroom, she ran into Jackson on the stairs just as he returned home.

As their eyes met, Ashley gave a gentle smile as she continued towards her room. However, Jackson called her back, "Do you have some time tomorrow night?"

"Huh?"

"Would you like to go catch a film together?" Jackson asked in seriousness.

Ashley was stunned for a second before she nodded her head, "OK...let's meet outside the theater at 9pm."

Since they had to keep it a secret from Little Eggshell and Mother Su, they naturally had to leave the house separately. So, Jackson nodded his head and returned to his room.

They were watching a film together...

Jackson made Ashley a little confused and frustrated. That man had agreed to treat her like a blind date, but after that day, he was consistently busy and didn't really pay much attention to her, yet he was now inviting her to the theater. Was this a man's trick? Was he playing hard-to-get?

Regardless of what he thought, Ashley still decided to dress up a little. She put on a little black dress and even attempted to wear heels. Although it was a little difficult to walk, she still arrived at the theater, right on time. Jackson had arrived early and was already waiting for her.

When he saw the way she dressed up, he didn't say anything, but it was obvious that he was more used to seeing her in T-shirts and jeans; they made her look more fresh and cheerful.

"From now on, you can be casual. It's not necessary to dress like this..."

Ashley nodded her head, "OK." She also disliked dressing like that.

"Let's go inside..."

After speaking, Jackson stretched out his hand towards Ashley.

Originally, he had the option of booking a private VIP screening and watching the film with just Ashley, but, he had a feeling that Ashley enjoyed getting to know each other like normal people.

So, even though he was at risk of being recognized, he still insisted on taking Ashley to the public theater.

At that time, a black car pulled up outside the theater. Inside the car sat a 67-year-old man with a head of white hair. As he watched Jackson and Ashley disappear into the theater, he complained, "Useless trash."

There was revenge to seek, yet he was wasting his time on flirting and dating!

"Sir, we need to leave."

"Let's go then," the old man instructed the driver as he stomped his walking stick on the floor. "Help me investigate this woman's background later..."