593

At that moment, Jackson had not sensed the danger yet. After all, he still had faith that Elder Wang would never attack his own family, no matter how ruthless he was. Especially not his own grandson.

But, Elder Wang had no remorse forcing someone as loyal as Qiu Jin to his death, so why would he care about a grandson that he barely knew?

Elder Wang didn't want to harm his grandson, but he had to fight for this one chance.

...

During this time, Lisa had already discovered that Elder Wang was contacting the Americans, but he had no idea what they were discussing​.

On the surface, it seemed like he was contacting them for the sake of 'Parasite', but behind closed doors, no one knew what deals they had struck.

Seeing Jisoo report back, time and time again, Jennie began to feel tired, so she smiled and said to Lisa, "President Manoban, tell Jisoo he can stop following the old man. It's a huge waste of energy and resources to follow a person like that."

"He's even capable of creating an explosion. For the sake of revenge, what wouldn't he do?" Lisa was still worried about the safety of his wife and children.

"Since it's for safety reasons, we should focus on protecting ourselves instead. We can't follow him forever. Everyone needs a rest."

"Over the years, haven't we grown accustomed to taking things as they come?"

Lisa held onto his wife and did not respond. Seeing this, Jennie reached out her hands and pinched Lisa on the cheek, "You! When you get too serious, you age a few years."

"Elder Wang is too dangerous. I have no choice but to be cautious of him."

In the end, Lisa didn't stop Jisoo from following the old man, but he did lay off a little.

"OK, I'll listen to you. Today is Song Linlin's birthday, let's head over early so we don't get stuck with the media, OK?" Jennie understood that Lisa was a strategic person, so she did not try to convince him any further. Instead, she gently changed the subject.

The couple had been so busy lately that they hadn't had much rest, so they were planning to enjoy Song Linlin's birthday and relax for one night. Hence, they jumped in their car and headed over to the ocean view villa organized by Song Linlin.

By that time, many good friends from the industry had already arrived. Most of the guests were artists from Manoban Entertainment. As soon as they say Jennie and Lisa, they naturally cleared the way for them.

"President Manoban, this is a rare honor. I hope you and Jennie will enjoy yourselves tonight."

Lisa did not like crowded places; he preferred spending one-on-one time with Jennie. But, when he saw the smile on Jennie's face, he suddenly felt that it didn't matter where they were.

During her birthday celebration, Song Linlin sang the song that she wrote for Jennie and Lisa. 'Follow' was a huge hit in the music charts and completely outdid all the songs she had sung in the past.

Under the soft lighting, everyone put aside their identities and began singing along to the melodious tune. For some reason, Jennie suddenly felt like crying.

Manoban Entertainment had always been one big family. It was already like that when she first stepped foot into it. It was a place that gave people strength.

"Jennie, today is my birthday, but it is also the day that I am officially reborn. I've been struggling to find a way to thank you. So, with this life of mine, I am willing to be at your beck and call from now on. Even if I have to go to the depths of hell, I will do it without hesitation!"