139 | S2: The Flower in the Moonlight

<Kaede>
The night of the soirée finally came to us and the palace ballroom was relit with its brilliance which could be seen from all over the kingdom.

Everyone of all ages came to the floral event of the year and it was something I haven't seen in such a long time especially when the last time I was the one countless guests attending back when my parents were still alive.

The guest arrived in increments and the noble family members were chatting in the great hall with the Karma and Nagisa. The spacious room was close to the ballroom so you could definitely hear the excitement from the other side.

Standing with Karasuma and a few other personal guards, the family shared some small talk and drank wine a bit before heading out to greet everyone.

"Remember, once we head into the ballroom, you are not allowed to leave Queen's side." Karasuma said with his usual stern voice.

I inched closer to Karasuma.

"I don't think I'll have the problem of losing sight of the Queen." I slightly chuckled, "I think you'll have some trouble with the King."

"Yes, unfortunately I'm well aware of that." Karasuma sighed.

"This is your first time guarding the Crowns compared to when you use to patrol at events in the past. If you see anything, a single doubt or strangeness in the crowd, remember the protocol."

"Of course. I will not fail you, Sir." I nodded my head. "I've grown use to sticking like glue."

Karasuma sighed and walked towards Karma.

When I turned my head to look over at Karma and Nagisa, I noticed Karma's younger sister in a beautiful wine red gown that had lace around the neckline. She was with her fiancé who appeared to be a delicate, fine, young man.

It's been awhile since the last I've seen her last but she has grown up well and there was no doubt she was the one that many men fancied.

"It would of been a delight to see you dressed up as well as the other women." A voice appeared from behind me and I turned to see Duke Kuro.

I bowed my head in respect and then looked up with a smile.

"I wasn't aware that you would be joining us this evening." I said with a sort of excitement. And it was because my sister was attending with my nephew.

"Yes, it was last minute but here I am." Duke Kuro chuckled, "it's the least I can do especially when I don't show for public events such as these ones." He explained.

"The goal is to bring you out the shadows you've hid in for so long." Nagisa walked over to us and smiled to greet the Duke. "I pestered him with every messenger bird I could find."

"Well, you will not regret attending tonight Duke Kuro. Keep a sharp eye out in the crowd and if you're careful, you might catch a glimpse of a falling star and you may never want to leave."

Duke Kuro caught on without trouble and nodded his head with a simple and kind smile.

"Now doesn't that sound inciting? Might I say this will be a night you'll never forget?" Nagoya winked at Duke Kuro and he chuckled as a response.

Soon enough, the noble family and the Crowns made their way to the entrance where they were announced to the crowd.

Each family was recognized and together they walked down the grand staircase and greeted the fellow guests. Nagisa and Karma were the last ones and both Karasuma and I stood behind them.

"House of the Cerberus."

Karma's family was the last of noble family to be announced and beyond the doors with a quick glance you could see all eyes were on his younger sister who was being escorted by her fiancé.