18 | Her Name

<Nagisa>
"I'll say it once more. If you dare approach any further I'll take your life right here and right now." I wanted to release my grip from the arrow and let him have it.

"Nagisa, stop." Karma tried to back me off, but of course that made me just as mad as Karasuma. I understand that you're thinking about the justice in all of this. The moral thing to do. But Karma, this world is not forgiving. No one is like you! No one is as pure hearted as you!

"I'm not going to lower my bow. If you suspect that I will listen to you, you're wrong. I'll shoot you as well." I gave him a fair warning before he would say anything more foolish.

"And he finally reveals himself. I thought you would keep yourself hidden like a coward." Takaoka pointed his sword at me. "Nameless Queen."

Within seconds we were all devoured by gasps and shocks of the crowd. Everyone was rightfully confused and all eyes watched me carefully.

"Nagisa what is he talking about?" Kaede whispered. "Why is he calling you the Nameless Queen?"

I bit my lower lip and sighed, putting down my bow.

"I'm sorry that I've been deceiving you." I spoke back and stepped forward. Kaede even refused to let go of my hand and I saw Karma turn away.

Everyone waited for my response and Takaoka chuckled to himself again.

I felt a light breeze touch me on my shoulder and the Original Queen was right beside me. She looked down and I saw it in her eyes, she wanted me to set things straight.

"That's correct, it's all true that I've been hiding my face. All of you may be confused, but I'll tell you now so that you won't have to think any of it. I am the reincarnated child. I am the next Queen!" I confessed with all my might and pride that horribly  flushed all over. This is it.

"T-that can't be." Kaede even started to tremble from my words and Terasaka couldn't comprehend anything.

And just because they won't acknowledge me, doesn't mean that I'll give up now.

"So what if I happen to be a man?" I revealed the birthmark on my chest and exposed my true self. "It doesn't make me less of a person to take this kingdom and make it prosper!" I exclaimed. "You don't have to like me, you don't have to see me as the Queen, I understand that."

The my stomach felt like a bottomless pit, and I wanted to hurry and finish this already.

"But please, let me do my job." I ended it on that note and Takaoka just couldn't stop laughing at everything I said. Not even a spec of respect.

"Then I challenge you." He threw his sword that he held at my feet and it clattered. I looked back up and he unsheathed another one from a knight who was too fearful to deny.

I picked it up and I saw Karma, which I read his lips to say don't do it. Karasuma especially couldn't handle it anymore and got in between us. Karma then followed and passing Takaoka, he pulled me aside.

"You're not actually going through with this?" Karma questioned, taking the sword from my hands. As if he knew that I've never actually used a sword as a means of weaponry. I know the touch, I know the feel, but I've never used it to cut someone down.

I didn't answer Karma and he automatically turned around.
"It's my head you want, I'll take his place. You've brought this on yourself." Karma said.

"I'm more interested in the Queen. Move aside." Takaoka smirked.

The crowd stood firm and Karma still continued to uphold his values. They wanted to watch...not because they're frightened, but wanted to see what we were made of.
Even I knew that Takaoka wasn't a great threat, and Karasuma could actually take him down in seconds, but Karma refusing to do anything makes all of us look weak.

I pushed Karma aside and made eye contact with Karasuma who was still wavering on the matter. But his eyes, I could tell that he believed in me.

"Let's make this quick." I said, retrieving the sword that Karma had taken from my grasp. A slight negative tug and he finally released.

I'm doing this for the sake of the name I possess. Whether I like it or not this mark upon my bare skin, is mine. And it belongs to the Original Queen.

If I die here. It ends here.
I gripped the handle of the sword with all my might and the nervousness I felt before washed away. I don't have to fight him, I just have to kill him.

"That's what I'm talking about. Come and show me the power you speak of." Takaoka swung his sword playfully and we both began to move in a circular motion, watching each others steps, while keeping safe distance.

I lunge in attacking first and he blocked me right away. I needed to make sure what I was dealing with, whether if he was taking me seriously or not. And by the way he harshly blocked with his sword, this will be an easy win.

Silence is what initially led to the clash.
Both he and I used our body weight to outdo each other when our sword crossed paths. Of course being the bigger man as he is, he would ultimately win with strength and force.

You just have to kill him.
But that means in order to do so...I must risk my life on it at them same time. But I am confident.
I just have to win with strategy.

"I like those eyes." Takaoka teased me as he could sense all of my bloodlust directed towards him. "You're giving me chills."

I bolted towards him with all my bloodlust emitting into the sword. His eyes watched it coming towards him, it's working.
I let go of the sword in the air and it quickly puzzled him to the extent where I was able to use it to my advantage. He slightly lost his balance and I swooped around him, kicking his leg forward, enough to take him down at the same time with the leverage.

Then I reached behind for my arrows and with my aiming right, I stuck out my arm and came inwards.
If I did that correctly, I should have impaled his left eye. The sound of bursting vessels. The screams. The warm blood upon my skin.

It's over.
I raised up victorious and proud. If fear should be instilled, then it shall.

"Karasuma, detain him." I ordered and without hesitation, he did along with other knights.

Karma came up to me and and embraced me in front of everyone. Even now, I didn't find it embarrassing.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Karma couldn't keep his emotions from spilling and I knew that I had worried him too much.

"As you can see I'm fine." I assured, patting his back.
I eventually pulled back and saw the still crowd. Kaede was breathless and so was everyone else.

As I was about to open my mouth to speak. Everyone went down on their knees and bowed their heads. Not a single one of them stood out of place. They all bowed.

"There you have it Nagisa." Karma said, looking out with me. "That is your answer."

"Yeah." I replied overwhelmed but happy.

The Original Queen stood amongst the crowd, looking at them and then at me. She simply gleamed and walked over, holding my hand as I stood next to Karma.

"If you desire it, I will tell you." She said.

I nodded my head and gripped both Karma and her hand tightly.

She looked ahead and spoke out, "my name is Queen Yua."