10 | Garden of Names

<Nagisa>
Before I knew it, it had been two months since that incident. I never actually heard about the whereabouts of those guys, nor did I want to. Each passing day, I would take my classes, and once a week I would have dance lessons. I grew weary of them overtime.

Karma became more obedient under the pressure of Karasuma, whereas I tried my best not to cross paths with both Princess Irina and himself.

After regular lessons, I escape through the palace halls and pass the royal knights. I eventually slip by Irina and Karasuma without them noticing that I even left.
I'm still not fond of the whole idea of being restrained within the walls of that place. Still not used to it.

Today, when I snuck into the private stables, not far from the palace itself. I was lucky enough that the guards were off duty for the time being, as they were switching out. I quickly saddled up my horse and went on my way.
••••
Upon the vast fields, flourished with multifarious colorful flowers of sorts, I took the time to take a breath. And remind myself who I really am.
The town, Garden of Names which was thirty-five minutes on horse. This town was know for it's beautiful and steadfast gardens.

My heart clenched unexpectedly and I found myself lost in the sight of it all. My life is like a field of flowers. Naturally it will have the potential to get better and prosper, on the other hand, it could of already wilted and become and land of waste.
My fate was already decided for me at birth, but like this field, I can either become greater, or slowly watch myself until nothing remains.

Suddenly, my horse neighed rather abruptly and started moving on it's own accord. She nodded her head and turned, then stopped altogether.
Was she flustered? What happened?
I stroked the side of her neck and watched as her eyes were glazed with confusion.

"Come on girl, why don't we go somewhere else then?" I tapped my foot against her body where the step was.

She responded and I tugged on the rope and she obediently started moving where I wanted to go.

Then the sound of a loud rifle spooked the both of us. My horse started to spazz and mindlessly galloped blindly.

"C-calm down!" I leaned my body forward so that I wouldn't fly off if she had randomly jerked and thrust her upper body into the air.

I've seen accidents where horses are spooked and then they bolt on their back legs as their riders fall back altogether.
I'd rather stay safe then risk the hard impact of my body.

Rather than doing any of that, the horse kept treading across the vacant fields. Just until another roar of a gun finally ceased the motion of all of it.
And apparently the gun shot had hit my horse. In the midst of everything, I found myself gradually slipping from the gasp of the horse as she herself, was shot down.
I rolled and tumbled onto the hard ground and felt the burn of pebbles and dirt scratching against my face, hands, and initially my entire body.

Coughing and trying to sit up, my body was in no condition to move. I tried lifting up my arm and that didn't work. My body ached and stung all over, the constant ringing in my ears didn't help at all. I even felt something warm seeping onto my sleeve. My blurred vision, I could only make out the amber red hue.
Was that the horses blood, or mine?

I slowly turned my head without trying to injure myself even more. It was obvious that my horse did not survive that. She laid, sleeping without breaths, she laid innocently.
Could it been a hunter? A false shot? No, someone was aiming at me. How would they hit us so accurately?

I looked up at the sky and noticed in the corner of my eye, there was someone who was sitting right next to me.
A women with long black hair, beautiful, and alluring. Who was she? The women looked down at me and smiled ever so gently.
For some reason, I could strongly smell the flowers that were distant from us. This time they were flying through the air, the petals floating in the air like confetti during a party.

"W-who are you?" I asked, trying to reach for her hand, but it was no use.

She placed her hand on her heart, that was only it. The blue of her eyes reflected the sky so much. She didn't speak, she just sat there along side me.

When my vision had partially came back. I could see that she her attire was that of a middle class women. The small emblem on her skirt revealed it all, and the rolled up sleeves displayed her casualness. On her neck, she was also wearing a necklace that had a small sapphire-stone shaped into a crescent moon.
The only thing that ran through my mind, was that she could be a store clerk. I'm just assuming.

"Y-you're just apart...of my imagination...aren't you?" I asked.

She looked at me and didn't speak.
It had to be. If this wasn't a dream, she wouldn't have sat here, watching me suffering. But I guess some humans, are willing to watch people fall into the hands of calamity.

I decided to give up at this point. I'm alone here, no one will save me. And if that person who had shot down my horse comes back, there will be no tales to tell.

"At least tell me...what part of my memories do you come from? What are you supposed to represent? My angel of death?" I furthered question.

The women took her hand and brushed against my face. She leaned down a little and I heard the rusting of metal. I witnessed the dirty brown quiver upon her back, plus the feathers poking out at the brim.
Before I knew it, I was staring at the Original Queen. Her soul that's binds onto mine.
I knew it was her because she is me, and I am her.
Oh...why did it have to be like this?

Her black hair, flowing in the wind.

"...Nagisa!"

And all of this was just a dream.
I snapped open and saw Karma above me, with a frightful look on his face.
Why is he the one who is always saving me?
Can I really hang on to the fact, that there should be no feelings between us? This feeling I cannot shake off...no affection? It's impossible.

"Nagisa, are you alright? Can you talk? Hey-"

"You're a loud one, aren't you?" I clicked my tongue and Karma chuckled in relief.

"T-thank god." He wrapped his hands around mine and kissed it, "thank god..."

The more I looked at him. The more I felt obedient to this life. I feel restrained and my heart feels something rather peculiar. Karma, why are you here? Is all that I could think of.

I'm tired...just tired.
All I want to do is sleep. And never wake up from this dream again. But in fact, I was able to smell the lingering scent of that woman just now.
You looked sad...won't you tell me?

I reached out my arm again for the Queen and she shook her head. This time I saw the chains battered around her wrist. Why is that?
She mouthed something.

"What is it Nagisa?" He looked back.
She mouthed the word, destruction.