34 | Tell Me a Story

<Kaede>
It's been two days since Nagisa's older brother Mamoru, and Aika had eloped. These two have been filling in these short days by planning how they will continue to spend their lives together without parental troubles.

"My apologies but I was advised to keep you guys in this location for the time being. Please don't think about moving around just yet." I told them as the three of us convened around a small coffee table inside the said cabin that they were supposed to stay protected in.

Just outside the cabin was a small lake with a dock. The small blue boat that floated upon the waters, linked by a connecting rope from the the poles of the dock itself.
I'd never seen such a small, isolated place before. Maybe only the royals known of it, when Nagisa had suggested to bring them here.

"I understand however, for how long? We can't just stay hulled up in this cabin for a lifetime." Mamoru spoke, while holding Aika's hands.

"Mamoru pay no mind to it. Isn't it worth wild that being together, is a dream itself?" Aika tried to comfort him.

"I know that you want freedom, but because you were able to escape from it so easily, doesn't mean that your mother won't try to find you and drag you back." I explained.

Both Mamoru and Aika nodded their heads and accepted the matters for now. But it was obvious that deep down they wanted to love each other, without the world of social barriers, separating them.

"I've sent a messenger bird to Nagisa this morning and depending on what he offers, you'll decide from there. I am here to serve you for now. If you need accommodations of any sorts, I will make myself useful." I spoke, while bowing my head.

"You really are a spectacular lady. Strong willed and decisive even at a young age like yourself. I wish I was as brave and confident." Aika complemented me.

"It's my duty of course, but I applaud the both of you really. I respect your undying love for each other, that you would do anything to preserve and protect it." I stood up and made my leave.

I wanted to leave those two alone because they really needed it. I am just another person in their way, even if I'm aiding them. It's because it through the orders of the crown, that I am in their way.

I closed the cabin door behind me and stare off into the listening lake before me.
The tall thick bodies cloaked in green, and the dropping willows off north.

Quite and peaceful. Tranquillity was the best to describe it, away from the Kingdom, and away from responsibilities.
••••••
<Karma>
"I can't believe you actually had the courage in you to do that." I was struck by the event that had happened a few days prior when Nagisa finally opened up about the matters.

"So the family dinner is out of the question?" I nudged his arm which made Nagisa pop in attention

"And that, why would you go to the troubles of that?" He asked with irritation, an itch that wouldn't go away.

"Is it wrong?" I questioned.

"No, it's just complicated really. Like after what just happened, it's quite troublesome of you to burden that on me." Nagisa explained.

"Then when the opportunity arises, you alone can come back home with me and meet my family." I suggested.

Nagisa grew inflamed with a cherry hue and nodded his head adorably.

"That wouldn't be nice." He said in a mollified manner.

I couldn't help but to just watch him fall into pieces over me. Like stripping the masculinity to expose his true personality.