121 | S2: Eye of Thrones

<Karma>
Before Nagisa and I made our departure to the Eye of Thrones, we were summoned by the current Crowns. They explained that my younger sister would also be joining the council meetings from now on even if she was not at the age requirement. Probably more than half a year before she would turn fifteen.

It was an agreeable matter. Essentially, it would be troublesome with another addition later on when two new representatives were already joining today. Might as well let this slip so that further meetings can run more smoothly.
•••••
With Karasuma at our side, we entered the meeting hall to a room of new faces. Three new faces to be exact and not including the advisors accompany the nobles.

Everyone stood up and bowed their heads. Karasuma stood behind our seats and along the wall, obviously not leaning against it.

"Hope that you've meet each other and talked before we've arrived. Though, knowing the traits of some, it may be useless." I turned my gaze slightly to Rinka Hayami and smiled.

Even though it was meant as a tease, Nagisa nudged my arm and cleared his throat.

"For formality sake, we'll greet each other properly." He added after me and placed his crest on the table.

"Nagisa Shiota, House of the Python and the heir to the throne. For those that are new, please introduce yourself thoroughly." Nagisa gleamed at Yuriko and she returned a blissful expression back. He even made eye contact with his older cousin.

"Karma Akabane, House of the Cerberus and heir to the thrown. For newcomers, I understand that this may be intimidating at first but don't fret over such matters. We are civilized."

Rather than individually picking people out, I spoke out for the whole.

After the two of us spoke, everyone sat down until it was their turn to speak. Rinka stood up and everyone casted their eyes on her.

"Greetings, my name is Rinka Hayami and heir to the House of the Sabertooth. I hope that we get along." She acknowledged the three new members before she sat back down.

"Nice to meet you all. My name is Hiroto Maehara and heir to the House of the Elk."

Compared to Rinka, Hiroto had a more friendly aura that made it easier for the three to confide in him than her. That's expected right?

"My name is Ryunosuke Chiba, heir to the House of the Hawk." He stared at the three of them without saying anything else and sat down.

That really set a downhill mood especially when Hiroto managed to lift it even by a little.
I guess I can't expect much from everyone at this point. Some of us need to work on our social skills.

"It's an honor to start working along side you all. My name is Gaisu Asano, new heir to the House of the Lion. I am eighteen years old and unfortunately I don't have much else to share that is interesting."

And here is another one.
I leaned back in my seat and Nagisa gave me a side eye because he knew that I was thinking harshly about them.

"Good morning, my name is Yuriko Akabane and heir to the House of the Cerberus. I am almost fifteen years old but I don't think my youthfulness will be a concern." She looked at all our faces with the coldness I knew she is capable of. "I enjoy reading in my spare time as well."

When Yuriko sat down, she refused to look in my direction even when I was trying to search for her gaze. But unlike me, Nagisa was the one who she shared a moment with.

The next to stand up was Nagisa's cousin. This time around, I could definitely see that the spark of nervousness was apparent. There was three females in the room including Rinka's advisor. A good challenge if I do say so myself.