42 | That Day No Longer Returns

<Nagisa>
I was swept away into what I thought was a dream, but instead a roaring nightmare into the lands of oblivion. Queen Yua was a small dainty little girl, running away from death.

The manor was burning down from all sides and even above. The fear that wrapped around her neck and strangled her body.
She staggered and tripped escaping from the claws of the kingdom knights. Their glowing red eyes, hungry to devour, and faithful to execute their job.

Nobles across the kingdom were slaughtered, beheaded, and tortured. But you couldn't hear a thing, in the silent screaming night. You couldn't feel the splattering blood, warm across your flesh. Unless you've survived it.

Young Yua at the age of six witnessed the cruel fate, in which her parents had passed. The terror that strikes her face and the sobs that defined her. The only callous thing she could do was run for safety.
When she managed, she took a secret route that only she gained access through, with the prior knowledge passed down by her father. A tunnel that led into Magnolia Landing, because that is where her mother was born.

In the darkest, despite of the radiating moon, Yua tumbled out of the tunnel and splashed into a small pond. She was very weak and soaked, though she looked about for help, but no was around.
Fortunately Yua knew her way around, as she was used to visiting with the family.

Upon the familiar door, Yua knocked, knowing that no one would be up at such hours.
She knocked again, before she herself, was out like a light. The last burning flames of life that faded.

Eventually the doors did open. To a sudden gasp of shock as those who recognized her took her in immediately. They tended to her wounds and took great care to heal her.

And those who saved her life, raised her as she would soon rise up and become the brave woman that has been engraved in our history.
King Kirai's order to slaughter the noble families.
And Queen Yua's survival.
••••••
When I woke up, my face was wet from the soft cries in my sleep. I didn't know what came over me, but my heart was tugged back and forth, that it ached to think about such a tragedy.
I wiped my eyes with my hand and I knew right away that my eyes were a little swollen.

Then I heard a rustling movement, while I kept still without movement. I turned my head and saw Karma snuggled up beside me, his face close to mine. He wore such a calm expression that I grew jealous that his blood carries no worries.
I wonder if he has nightmares too. Is it the same? Or am I the only one who sees the suffering past?

But why now? I stared at the ceiling.
Maybe my mind is giving me clues, a vision of sorts into the past, that will come once more in the future. Another bloody massacre? That can't be it.

But the idea is not impossible.
I just know that we should lead with caution from now one, especially the conversation we had with the current crowns last night during supper.
These ideas kept bursting into my head. It's becoming such a pain to me that anxiety keeps building up and I just-

Calm down Nagisa. Come down.
Take it gradually, then all at once.

I could tell by the dimness of the room that the sun hasn't risen. I tried to stretch my arms, but felt another material. I grabbed it from under the covers, in which I laid and pulled out my button up shirt. Did we end up stripping improperly before bed? I pulled the covers up a little and saw we were both in our underwear. At least I know that we didn't get physical that night after supper. Maybe it was the alcohol that catered to my fatigue.

I looked back at Karma and he was still sound asleep quietly. I stared at his lonely lips, slightly opened and I leaned in and kissed him on the lips and he smiled. He's been awake this whole time!

When I was about to push him off the bed, he grabbed my arm before I could.

"One more time." He puckered his lips and teased.

"Let me go at once." I resisted.

Karma move on top of me and pinned me down, grabbing both my arms and wrapping it with his white button up shirt from his side of the bed. He even tied it to the head board to immobilize my movements. Karma sat on my hips, his....grinding on mine with his body weight forward, so that not all of his weight sat on me.

"What are you doing. I'm in no mood to-."

Karma slowly moved his hips forward and back and my body reacted in an instant. My voice with a mind of its own.

"Karma stop." I said as he kissed me deeply, sucking on my tongue, a melting sensation that startled my body.

"Nagisa, please." Karma dropped down and placed his forehead on mine. He whispered softly and brokenly as I saw his despondent expression.

It has been awhile since we united affectionately in bed. I can tell by how stressed Karma is, that last night he couldn't afford to do it then. Was it tiredness? Or was it because he couldn't bring himself to while while was happening?

I'm questioning what changed his mind.
Why is he glaring into my eyes with such a seductiveness to dominate me?
Karma kissed me again and touched me with his warm hands and I couldn't say no.

My body starved for his touch too.
But I was well distracted from the Kingdom's affairs, that it put me at a disadvantage.

Karma notice and eventually untied my hands from the bed board and held my hands instead.
His kisses were hotter and inflamed whenever he marked me. Lower and lower his mouth trailed across my body, my voice echoed in response.

At least I know for a fact, that my body remembers him. Every touch is different compared to others. And the unity in which we come together.

I don't know how Karma is so strong willed. I want to be that confident as well. If only I can raise my head and tell everyone that I can. But it's daunting for me. I can't bring myself to do it.
Even if I keep asking for Karma's helping hand, I know that one of these days to come, his hand won't be there to guide me.

"Nagisa, remember that I will always love you." He remind me with words that resonated. I know.
But it rang in my heart, that I became frightened by the idea that I love you, was a simple phrase that could mean anything.

"I love you too Karma."

Despite of it, he's the only one who ever said such words to me like that before. My mother didn't have the power to love me, my father knew his boundaries, and brother, it was implied.

But with Karma, he is the only voice I hear.
And I want to listen to that voice forever.