112 | S2: His Treasure

<Nagisa>
The morning when we woke up, I made sure to send a letter to my father back at home. Written inside was a general note that I would be visiting with Karma tomorrow essentially for Mamoru's birthday.

If anything, Karma was over-the-moon excited to greet my father formally over a nice meal. Because of their last encounters, they weren't necessarily on favorable moments.

Wait, I just realized something that has escaped my thoughts all this time. How can I be so forgetful? At the desk, I leaned back and placed both my hands on my head.

"Something wrong? You look anxious." Karma snuck up behind with his hand on my shoulder. I turned around abruptly and stared into his mercury eyes.

"We're getting married in a month." I blurted, "all this time, I've been getting nervous about out coronation but our marriage slipped my mind!" I exclaimed in disappointment.

Unless this isn't really disappointment, I just don't know how to explain this unruly feeling in both my chest and mind.

"Hm? You forgot about it?" Karma tilted his head with a sudden chuckle, "so mean, Nagisa." He reached out and pinched my cheek, "I will have to punish you later for forgetting such an important event."

"I can't believe this." I groaned while getting up from the seat. As I was about to go into the bathroom to properly wash up for the morning, Karma wrapped his naked arms around my bare torso.

His rhythmic heart beat pounded loudly and I could feel it on my back. With a short glance back, Karma had his eyes closed while he leaned on me.

I thought he would say something to lighten the mood but he kept quiet. I don't know why but it was reassuring, even when he didn't say anything in the moment.
•••••••
To our surprise after breakfast, Karasuma notified us that Duke Kuro came to visit and was waiting in the Rose garden.

"Did you enjoy that nice day-off?" Karma teased him as we made our way downstairs. "I notice something different about you. Did you follow my father's advice?"

Karasuma froze in his tracks and I could tell he was restraining himself. It wasn't like he was embarrassed by Karma's words, perhaps vexed? Both Lord Akabane and Karma seem to love going out of their way to put him on the spot.

"Leave him be." I sighed, "just as long as you were able to spend quality time with Irina, that's all that matters." I assured, "she seemed rather pleasant when we had dinner with her the last night."

"I see." Karasuma replied with a slight smile that he hid from Karma and started walking again.

"I wonder if Kaede is able to settle down and rest easy." I brought up, "I haven't heard a word from her." We followed behind him.

"She's probably busy Nagisa, if Kaede hasn't sent a letter or a messenger bird. It's only been a day and you expect her to keep herself updated every hour?" Karma patted my shoulder with a raised brow.

"I guess you're right." I responded. "She's just very dear to me, that's all."

Even from that comment, Karma looked a bit jealous. However, he was able to brush it off like he didn't hear a thing.

"I've watched Lady Kaede ever since she was scouted by the military. A dainty and skinny girl like herself didn't come across as someone who would become the lady she is today. I was mistaken about her skills and talent." Karasuma confessed.

"More or less, it's not common for women to join. Though, I do hope that things will change from now on. I know for sure that the Hayami's have led the way since their one and only daughter has become the heir to the Sabertooth House." Karma explained.

"Even Dame Hayami's presence as a member of the Tempus Five has clearly proven that women can attain such titles and power." I agreed.

"Collectively, the future will unravel before us." Karasuma spoke, "whether we wait or not is upon us."

Once we made it to the Rose Garden, Karauma notified the surrounding palace knights in the area to secure the premises. He stood off to the side where we were both in each others field of vision.

Walking closer into the garden, Duke Kuro was by the gazebo, staring off into the rose bushes.

"Aren't they lovely? It's unfortunate that the seasons will strip the branches of the roses." I said while projecting my voice a bit louder.

Duke Kuro noticed us and gleamed.

"Good Morning." He greeted us, "it is unfortunate but I am a man that adores the cold weather, especially during the Winter. White snow covering the gardens will be just as beautiful." He commented.

Nodding our heads, we all walked towards gazebo and took a seat out of the sun.

"Anyways, what is the purpose of your visit?" Karma wondered, "you could of sent a letter or messenger bird."

"Well, I think this is something dire for your upmost attention face-to-face." Kuro diverted his gaze towards Karasuma.

"Go on." I motioned my hand, almost afraid of what he was going to say next.

"This has always been a thought on my mind and prevalent in my heart. Simply, I wish for death." Kuro revealed while staring us dead-cold in the eyes.

Speechless, both Karma and I didn't really know what to say to him. How could we respond?

"I know this conversation is rather sudden. However, it's inevitable and something you must know of me." He slightly paused and placed his hands on the table.

"For all thousand years that I've been alive, I am cursed with immortality. Nothing that I do works to tear this body down and send my soul to the afterlife. But since you've arrived in this generation, I think things will change for me. Perhaps, I am wrong and nothing will kill me." He continued.

"You think we can put an end to your life?" Karma was the one to respond first, "even when you've tried everything?"

"With the Crowns that have taken the throne, I've sat with them like this and discussed such matters and asked for their corporation. Similarly, just like the current Crowns, if you were wondering."

"Possibly, your immortality has to do with why the Original Monarchs are still bound to the Kingdom in spirit." I brought up.

"There is a chance." Kuro nodded his head, "I've thought about whether that was the case or not, but I can't even communicate with my dear cousin unlike you." He crossed his arms and leaned back in the seat.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you about my motives essentially. Sure, it's coined as suicidal behaviors but you can understand that it's for the best. Though, a strange feeling makes me think that you both are different. Not that you aren't of course, so much has happened since you've stepped into the palace." He lightly chuckled.

"And what do you mean by that?" I asked.

Kuro brushed his black hair back and smiled.

"Deducing from the events that this kingdom has faced, the things you've both changed. Maybe this is the generation where I can finally lay to rest."