03 | Spring Bloom

<Nagisa>
"Mother, I can do without these chest binds." I motioned my hands for the maids not to bring them along. She stood there next to me with her hands on my hips.

"Why can't you just-"

"Mother! I simply must not stay a girl forever, can I?" I spoke back.

"Watch your tone." She glared at me. "You think being Queen gives you the right to speak back to me?" She took her hand and grabbed me by the chin and raise it up.

Somehow the timing was on point. Father and my older brother had walked in and saw what was happening. No explanations, he went up to mother and swiped her hands away from my face.

"What do you think you're doing?" He demanded to know, "putting your hands on him like that!"

"Tsk, spoiling her like always. Have you've forgotten that she is my daughter?" She pointed at me, "and speaking with such a sour tongue?"

"Mother, you've gone crazy since the day you gave him a girl's name." My brother sighed with his arms a crossed at the door.

Despite the truth in my brother's words, Mother was correct on that for the most part. Even so, I find it inexcusable that she's making herself the victim. Maybe she's scared that I'm the Queen.
Father shook his head and patted my back.

"Wear whatever makes you comfortable. If fate is truthful, the King wouldn't care what gender you are." He lightly smiled.

"Thank you Father." I tipped my head but, he startled himself by my sudden formal movements.
• • •
I never thought that coming back to the garden palace would make me feel sick. Is it because I'm here as a man and not a girl this time?
I ran my fingers through my short hair and looked down at my torso. All the feminine curves that the corset locked me into, made me feel so free.

I wonder if the King will recognize me, will he? W-what if he's disgusted? Wait, why do I even care?! I don't even love him myself. It's just this cursed soul of mine. These feelings aren't my own.
If there's any luck, he'll reject me entirely. Then I won't be forced into this marriage and this love.
• • •
<Karma>
It would be wrong to say that I didn't miss Nagisa. We've never had a chance to meet, since that first time when we were young.

I walked through the gates of the garden and happen to see Nagisa right away. Well more like the blue top of her hair. She was crouching over, looking at the flowers.

I managed to bring myself along side her however, the sight wasn't what I expected.
Instead it was a man around my age, caressing the light pink camellia flowers. Just like before. Then, he looked up and met my gaze. I knew it was her.

"Nagisa?" I questioned.

He stood up straight and nodded his head.

"Surprised?" He awkwardly chuckled.

"I-I just don't know how to respond..." I walked closer with shock.

The pureness of that simple smile and how his eyes glisten directly at me. A soft voice, just older.
This guy has to be Nagisa, I just know it.