08 | Deny the Red String

<Karma>
I ended up lounging within the palace walls after class. I was relatively bored waiting for Asano to arrive with my new bladed sword that I ordered last week.

There was uniformed knights standing like solid statues at every corner and a few times that I've seen government officials walk by.
In the distance, I saw two knights escorting someone over to me. It must of been him.

I turned their way and waited for them to approach closer. It was Asano carrying a black long, skinny bag within his hold.

"There's my one and only King." He joked. "Haven't seen you for three months."

I shook his hand and gestured to the Knights. They bowed their heads and stomped away.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" I agreed.

"New home huh? How's it treating you?" He patted my back.

"Comfy, I guess." I replied.

"What about the Queen? Is she a beauty?"

Asano nudged my arm and chuckled.
"The kingdom hasn't heard about the new Queen. Word on the streets is that she's called the Nameless Queen."

"Wouldn't doubt it." I responded.

"So? Is she a babe? Troll?" He pestered.

I crossed my arms and thought a bit. First of all I can't tell him that its Nagisa, second of all he's a guy.

"Yeah, stunning." My reply was the only thing I could think of without revealing anything.

"You seem unsure." He pointed me out.

"No, it's true. She may not be the gorgeous angel in those fairy tale books but, everything about her is compelling. I find myself losing in this tug-of-war." I explained.

"That's the spirit talking." He handed me the cased sword while on one knee.

I took it with my grasp and he stood back up.
Asano tilted his head and gave me a taunting expression.

"You're wavering. That's not good. Just remind yourself that you're the next King. It'll get you through it." He tried to comfort me.

"Well, there is a lot of pressure." I added.

Asano stretched his arms and placed one of his hands on his hips.

"If it makes you feel any better, your good old friend caught itself a new pet. Little fella is at my place with the boys. Just like old times, yeah?"

"You need to stop doing indecent and inhumane things like that." I confronted him.

Asano laughed and patted my shoulder.

"What's wrong? We used to do it all the time as kids. What? Just because you've become King that all your sins are wiped clean?"

I shrugged. Even if my actions of the past were something to criticize. The me now, has to change in order to rule the kingdom sufficiently and effectively. I know my bad deeds can never be repented but, I can at least do good in this world.

"Gosh, when did you become a downer? I remember the old Karma, where we always broke rules because we were powerful nobles. Look at you, all defined and poised. Does it hurt?" He burst into more tears of his own amusement.

I had to follow along with him. Couldn't afford to lose his loyalty band trust now.

"Kind of does." I fooled around for the sake of this relationship. At least for my father because, both of our parents were close. "So? Who was the lucky peasant that you caught in your web?" I asked despite the fact, that I really didn't want to know.

Asano poked his own noble crest and grinned.
"The Shiota's kid. Practically a peasant himself, he and his depressing family history. Make him feel special, that's how they like it." The nefarious confession caught me off guard and I grabbed his ironed shirt and shoved him against the wall.

"Who did you just say?!" I completely lost my composure and exposed a rather obscene side of myself. "Shiota? Nagisa Shiota?"

"Oi, that hurts." He pushed my arm away and cleaned himself back up. "Who else huh?"

It felt like all my nerves had automatically stopped processing. Why couldn't I move my body. I glared at Asano and my legs started sprinting. Nagisa was kidnapped by Asano's gang...you really can't repent your sins can you?
••••
<Nagisa>
"Get your vulgar hands off me!" I tried to bite them but, they held me down. They were wolves that were stripping me of my very own clothes. Fear instilled within me until it rosed to its greatest heights. I'm going to be eaten.

They restricted me from shouting with a cloth tied around my head. What the hell!?

"It's impossible that he's actually a guy." They spoke amongst themselves.
One of them pressed his hands against my crotch and I flinched. I started to kick my legs out but they pinned me down.

"Hey, it's a guy." They confirmed.

"Ah, was looking forward for a surprise."

"Still want to go for it?"

Stop! Stop!
Their dirtied hands swarmed my body everywhere until wandering hands began to pull down my pants. No matter what I did, I couldn't defend myself.
Just stop, don't touch me.
I started to twist and turn as much as I could but, their power overwhelmed me.
Someone help me...

Lastly they tore the buttons on my shirt and exposed my bare chest. All of a sudden, they all stopped and stared at the crescent moon birthmark. They saw.

K-karma-
There was a loud bang above us somewhere and rattling sounds. It was then that I felt the stale, cold floor beneath me.

"Unhand him!" A loud voice echoed.

All of us jumped and I looked up through the gaps between the guys. It was Karma. H-how did he know I was here?!
Then a shadow grew behind Karma and I made as much noise as I could to grab his attention.
Karma noticed and threw the guy over his shoulders and he came tumbling down the staircase.

"You've laid your hands on the next Queen. Surely you'll be reprimanded for your evil acts. Don't expect to come out alive." Karma's words relieved me and I couldn't keep my eyes away. The figure of the strong King beside him.