126 | S2: Truth of God

<Nagisa>
While it may have been a simple dream where I could smell the prominent camellias in every direction I went, I knew that I wouldn't be able to experience this forever.

Standing in the back, I watch as Yua and her daughter Iris were playing in the spring gardens of the palace. The full bloom of multifarious flowers flutter as a light breeze appeared from the west.

And those smiles fade once again as a memory that belongs to Yua as it keeps replaying in my own heart.

"Nagisa, did you hear me?"

I glanced up and saw Karma inching close. Looking around, I seem to have zoned out in the middle of our conversation on the terrace.

"Sorry...can you repeat that?" I apologized.

"It's only noon, don't tell me that you're already tired?" Karma slightly grinned and crossed one leg over, "are you okay?"

"I promise that it's nothing." I replied, "don't mind me."

I reached out to take the glass of ice water that was in front of me on the marble table. Though, Karma hindered me from doing so as he gripped onto my wrist with a face of concern.

"Nagisa." He called my name.

"Worry not, it's just that I've been seeing more visions of Yua and such." I reinforced. "In my dreams at night and now floating in my daily thoughts."

"Is she saying anything to you?" Karma wondered while releasing my grip and sitting back the way he originally was.

"No, she's not. That's why I'm not worried about it; it doesn't seem like she's trying to convey anything." I assured.

"If anything does arise, make sure to let me know." Karma spoke and I nodded my head.

"Ahem."

The two of us turned out heads and noticed Kaede wearing a new uniform. With a short wave, she walked closer to us and tipped her head forward.

"Good afternoon." She greeted, "beautiful day isn't it?"

"Quite spectacular, warm weather is always the best. Come sit with us." I motioned my hand and she sat down in the open seat.

Inching in closer, I asked about her uniform that was decorated with ribbons and medals.

"Oh yes, the female specialists all received new uniforms this morning. I think the men also have a few new threads of their own." Kaede explained. "The ceremony will be coming up so it's mandatory for all decorated officials to wear their achievements until then."

"Never noticed it before but you've earned more ribbons since the last time." Karma pointed out, "the uniform suits you well." He commented.

"Fits you well." I agreed and Kaede blushed with cheerful giggles.

"You're too kind." She dropped her shoulders and looked around to see if anyone was watching her.

Other than the two palace guards standing off to the side, it wasn't like they would say something about her posture and manner.

"The other ribbons were from ages ago from when I was scouted so I never really wore them. Though, after all I've been through, I have a different feeling about them now. That's why I have more."

"I see. In any case, how have you've been feeling?" Karma asked, "have you've spoken to your older sister lately?"

"Yes, we exchange often." Kaede answered, "everything is going well. Thank you for asking. We can only hope that it continues this way. Their happiness is all that matters to me."

"A kind soul you are." I added, "if you need anything, remember that we're here for you."

"And I'm utterly grateful." Kaede nodded her head. "Truly, I am surrounded by loving people. Oh that reminds me!" Kaede jumped and reached out for my hands all of a sudden."

"What is it?" I wondered with a startled expression.

"You know Sugino right? A dear friend of yours too? Did you hear that he'll be dubbed at this upcoming ceremony?" Kaede eyes glistened with stars, her inflection bright as rainbows.

"We rarely exchange but that's great to hear! I must congratulate him." I smiled and felt excited by the idea that Sugino has found his resolve. "I wasn't aware that you were acquainted?"

"I wasn't aware either! My apologies, so much has happened and I've forgotten to ask how you know each other." Kaede scooted closer.

"Sugino and I go way back. Our parents were good friends with the Tomohito's so we grew up together. He's actually the first one who knew that I was actually a boy when I was raised as a girl."

"Such a coincidence! That's a heartwarming story indeed." Kaede happily touched my hands, "Sugino and I met when I was training in Mellow Orchard village when I was younger. We befriended each other right away when we both realized we had a knack for our sad and dry sense of humor."

While the both of us continued to talk about Sugino, I could tell that Karma felt a bit left out. He even cleared his throat and we fell silent.

"Who's this person you both are rambling so on about?" Karma raised a brow and watched us carefully with a jealous intent. "Go on, I'm interested."

"Why, he's the most handsomely man I ever laid eyes on. A wholesome soul whose charms sweeps everyone off their feet's." Kaede teasingly winked and Karma folded his arms, staring straight at me.

"W-what?" I looked at him carefully. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason." Karma shrugged.

"Oh, boy." Kaede sighed, "well, I think it's time for me to get some work done, don't you think?" Kaede instantly rose from her seat and tapped my shoulder. "I think I may have said too much, you can punish me later." She whispered and escaped before the talons latched onto her as well.

"You should know that she was just joking." I had to clear up the thick cloud of misunderstanding, "he is in fact a dear friend of mine. And it is true that he was the first to know about my true gender before I told you."

Karma sighed and waved his hand like he was trying to explain that he wasn't mad per say.

"While it's a thing of the past, I feel as though I'm cheated." Karma lightly grinned. "To think that I would become dejected like this."

"Don't tell me you're jealous? You should know better." I lightly chuckled, "besides, I'm with you now."

"Sweet talking me won't work Nagisa." He winked, "you should know what it takes to mend this sickly heart of mine that yearns for all of you." His soft voice tickled my ears and I pulled away from being tempted.

Standing up from my seat, I reached out for his hand and spoke.

"You're hopeless as ever."