43 | Glass Bones

<Karma>
The next morning I received a letter from the current Crowns. It was a reminder for the Noble Council meeting with the appointed family heads that gather every four months. This would be my first time actually. Despite being the heir to my family's fortunes and successes, titles like those don't apply to me because I am the reincarnation.

In Nagisa's case, it's quite complicated especially with Mamoru and his family situation.

I got ready in the morning with the presence of my butler and maids tending to the room. They all seemed tensed and fatigued. For the first time, they've never greeted me with light and energy, as it was obvious through their dark circles and lack of conversation.
•••••••••••
In the capitol where the court trial was also held, the Eye of Thrones is what the building structure is called for the meeting hall of nobles. Just like any of the buildings in the capital, it was breathtakingly glamorous. It's center dome with gold was intimidating just to look at, as you question the master artist behind the architecture and color scheme.

The 10 pillars in front of the building counted the original numbers of the noble families that were slaughtered, including the Original Crowns. As of now, there are seven that conceived the reincarnations. As followed, they are the Akabane's, Shiota's, Asano's, Hayami's, Chiba's, Maehara's, and lastly the Kuro family who are the exception to the curse.

Despite the Kuro family being one of the noble families, I've heard during my studies that they faintly exist upon the surface of earth. It is to my understanding that the Kuro line only conceive males and the wives are hand picked from both the middle and noble class.

I've read in books before that the Kuro family is deeply intertwined with the Original Monarchs, Roka and Yua. But why is it that I've never met them once? There are even rumors that the Duke's existence is fake and that there's no actual lineage.

Nagisa patted my shoulder and I was stunned back to reality. We advanced into the building through the golden arch with a group of knights escorting us from all sides.

With each step, you could hear the clattering of our decorated suits. The medals and pins that illuminated the black and burgundy red attire.

We continued down the grand halls, plastered with paintings and decor that lasted from King Kirai's reign. The essence of the art emitted a lingering sensation of prosperity and hell. This was much needed especially for a gathering like this.
••••••
Both Nagisa and I entered a room with nobles sitting at the round redwood table. Each one of them had a advisor, standing behind their seat obediently.
In this scenario, we were all related in some kind of manner to the Original Crowns, Roka and Yua.

All of them stood up when we appeared and bowed their head. Starting with the Asano senior and my father, who were the oldest amongst us all as the leading nobles. If Nagisa's father was here, he would of joined them.

Of course Yuriko is still young for such a position, my father has been coming in her place and will hand over that responsibility when she becomes 15.

"Nice to see you again my King, Queen. I think we'll be in each others presence quite often then not." Asano senior's voice was chillingly rememberable.

Nagisa nodded his head back to him, while he was still awkward with the general meeting. Nagisa and I both sat down and so did the rest.

In the corner of my eye, I saw my father smiling at Nagisa and he seemed to be well content by the familiar face.

"My name is Hiroto Maehara, heir to the Maehara household. He presented his noble crest that bore an elk, placing it on the table."

"My name is Rinka Hayami. I am the female heir of the Hayami household. It's an honor to be in your presence." Her eyes were as stoic as any feline I would know. She placed her crest carefully on the table, which had a Sabertooth beast.