102 | S2: Our Fates

<Karma>
The blood from the knife wound and my arm persisted to stream out of me and it was fair to say that I began getting light-headed and weaker.

Lovro advanced with great speed, his sword whipping across. Reacting as quick, my sword guarded his attack away but I wobbled back, almost falling back on my rear. This clash continued a couple more times until he finally knocked me back down. My body was in no condition to stand up even when I wanted to.

"Just as I thought." He said.

"Oh really?" I sighed and released my grip from my sword. "If you're going to do it, at least make it clean. It's the least you can do right?" I playfully asked while my whole body tingled and then became numb.

"In your moments of reeling death, you still intend to make silly comments?" His arm raised, his bloodied red sword glistening in the light.

I'm sorry Nagisa.
Evidently, I closed my eyes while laying defenseless on the hard floor, waiting for the final blow.

CLING

"What's this? You plan to join him in his grave?"
Lovro's voice along with the sudden noise startled me.

I opened my eyes and saw Nagisa blocking Lovro's sword above. How can this be? I didn't feel any vibrations from the ground nor sounds that could of came from him.
Surprised as I was, I could tell that just by blocking Lovro, Nagisa's arm were shaking.

"So you're means of protection is to die?" Nagisa said with a callous tone, his back facing me.

"I apologize." I said coughing up blood. By then, I placed pressure on the wound around the dagger, pressing the pain to at least alleviate it a bit. "My body is not listening to me."

In the mere second I blinked, Lovro had round-house kicked Nagisa, his heavy muscular legs driving through Nagisa's upper side of his abdomen. Knowing Nagisa's build, he wasn't able to keep his hold and thus intensity of the kick struck him down.

Nagisa's sword fell out of his hands while he grabbed his waist, groaning in pain.

"Remember what you said to me? That if either one of us falls, we'll fall together?" Nagisa said as he laid on the ground. "Even though I don't want to think like that now, it can't he helped."

"Nagisa..." I reached my arm out towards him but he was too far away. Why won't my body move?!

Nagisa got to his knees and covered his mouth, blood seeped through his fingers and dripping on his lap and some of the ground.

No matter what I wanted to say to him, to stop. I was well aware he wouldn't listen to me. If I were him, I would sit back at all knowing that lives were at stake.

"I'm not done yet." Nagisa picked up his dull sword and dashed in, aiming at Lovro.

By now, my sight became hazy and I could no longer breathe the same way I did before. They were shorter and uncomfortable, slipping away altogether.

In my view, Nagisa's body smashed into the ground when Lovro was able to grab him by the collar. From there, he dragged him upwards with his sword ready.

"N-Nagisa..." I couldn't shout out at this point, my sight dimming. Don't hurt him.

And with the burning passion in his eyes, his voice erupted. The last thing I saw was hell.

"Die!"

THWACK

<Nagisa>
Abruptly, when I gazed up I saw an arrow piercing Lovro's eye. He threw me back and crouched over, ripping the arrow out.

"Goddamn!" He barked, hostility brewing when he placed his hand on his eye. "You'll pay for this!"

"I don't think I will." A feminine voice arose from the darkness and I turned behind me to see Kaede with a quiver on her back and another arrow positioned to be fired.

"This is where you'll die."

Another voice surprised us but I knew right away it had to be Karasuma's.

I clocked my head and without anytime to comprehend what was happening, a shadow casted behind Lovro, a sword swinging down. His arm ripped away from his body and pelted on the ground before me.

"GHA?!" Lovro collapsed on his knees, holding what was left of the flesh on his arm, his eyes screaming.

Without hesitation, Karasuma did not waste a second nor empty move. With one ultimate swing, Lovro's head went flying.

THWACK

His body dropped.
Sitting up, Kaede rushed over to me with great angst, embracing me tightly. The sudden sensation eased me and I wrapped my arms around her. It's over.

"O-Ouch." She uttered, releasing her grip a little. "You'll have to punish me later." She giggled while touching her body wound.

"My King!" Karasuma's thick voice startled us both and we knew it wasn't the time to chat.

Looking over to Karma who was unconscious, I made my way over to him with an immense deal of concern. Taking Karma's hand, I checked his pulse while shaking in fear. It's faint.

"We need medical attention." Karasuma lifted Karma up and carried him in his arms. "How about you, my Queen? Are you injured?" He questioned with great haste.

"Nothing compared to Karma." I said shaking my head.

"Will we make it? The closes hospital is the one that I was treated at." Kaede explained, "surely we can't rely on the medics here at the palace."

"We have no other choice but to rush him to the local one." Karasuma said as he started running down the halls while carrying Karma.

Both Kaede and I followed after him, but before I knew it, my body gave on me. My legs felt like stones and I started getting dizzy.

"Whoa, Nagisa." Kaede grabbed ahold of me before I face-planted on the ground. "Let's take our time, here I'll help you." She took my left arm and wrapped it around her shoulder.

"But Karma-."

"My Queen, I understand that you're gravely concerned about him but if you overwork yourself too, I don't know what I'll do." Her voice sounded anxious while I noticed that she was exhausted herself.

"Sorry." I apologized, "thank you." I decided to take it easy so that Kaede didn't have to strain her body for mine.

"It's nothing to worry about Nagisa. Right now we just need faith so we can all go home alive and in one piece." Kaede gleamed despite the pain shown through her expression.

"Yes." I responded wiping my mouth with my sleeve and the blood stained, "I'm terribly homesick."