105 | S2: His Duty

<Nagisa>
While Kaede and Hazama were out waiting for the arrival of our unknown friends, Karasuma kept me company to take care of Karma. The nurses came by with breakfast and because Karma hasn't gained strength in his arms yet, I helped feed him.

"Nostalgic don't you think? But the roles are switched this time." Karma lightly chuckled while I spoon fed him the porridge.

"Would you like me to do that instead?" Karasuma offered, "so you can have breakfast yourself."

"No, I'm alright. I can always eat later." I responded with a light smile, "I appreciate it."

"Hey, don't take away the fun." Karma inched away from Karasuma, making a face of discontent. "This is our moment right now."

"My apologies my King, I'm just wondering how you can be so nonchalant about this all after everything that has happened." Karasuma pointed out.

With that frown, it steadily eased and Karma spoke with a serious tone.

"Well, I can't change the past now can I? It wouldn't do us any good if I moped around all depressed. We can only move onwards from here." Karma opened his mouth for another spoon.

I made sure to blow on it before giving it to him.

"Nagisa, what will I ever do without you?" He started to tease me as he ate.

"If you won't stop, I'll make Karasuma feed you instead." I sighed, not feeling his humor.

KNOCK, KNOCK

"You may come in." I moved in my seat to see who was at the door and it was Kaede. "You're back."

"Yes." She gleamed, "Karasuma, they're here." Kaede hinted to him and it looked like he understood what she was trying to say. It was apparent that Crescent was sending knights over and probably officials, but they weren't specific of who.

"If you'll excuse me." Karasuma bowed his head towards us.

"Yes..." I replied.

"Ah, Karma. You have a visitor as well." Kaede blurted as she was leaving with Karasuma and the door closed.

We blankly stared at the door wondering who it would be. So when a shadow casted on the ground, a hand reaching in, we both fell in awe.

"Father?" Karma said baffled, "you came?!"

"Who else? Plus, you're a mess. What am I going to do with you." Karma's father shook his head disappointingly and made eye contact with me when he came closer.

"I'm glad that you are well my Queen." He bowed his head and after a few second stood straight again.

"Thank you." I acknowledged him, "it hasn't been too long since the last time no?"

He nodded his head with a smile but turned a complete 180 once he approached Karma, reaching out and slapped the back of his head.

"Ow?! Father, what is the meaning of this?" Karma flinched, pulling away.

"Causing trouble everywhere you go. Your mother and sister are worried sick back at home. To think we would receive such a the letters from Sir Karasuma." He turned back over to me, "I apologize on his behalf my Queen, it seems he has more growing to do."

"No, it far alright." I awkwardly waved my hands out, "it's was inevitable really." Honestly, I didn't really know what to say when he was speaking to Karma like that. However, I was indeed jealous of their relationship.

It's kind of funny how I kind of miss my dad now. Just watching them casually speak and act like that was even warming for me. However, I shouldn't let it distract me from the situation at hand.

"How many others have joined you?" I said aloud and they broke away from their cold exchange.

"Ah, the letter wasn't clear about it. With such hurry, the Tempus Five was sent the last second." He explained, "with a good number of knights."

"The Tempus Five? They're all here?" Karma responded with shock and I was surprised myself.

"Yes." His father answered, "because they didn't want to crowd the halls and get in the way of the staff here so they are outside as we speak."

"Incredible." I slipped, "I think is the first time that I will be able to see all five members together."

"It is a rare sight." His father agreed, "plus, the other two are eager to meet the both of you formally as well. Essentially, you already know Karasuma, Kuro, and I."

"Sometimes it escapes my mind that Kuro has a permanent seat in both the council and Tempus Five." Karma confessed.

"He is a strange character if I do say so myself. On the voyage here, his conversations were so obscure. I think Dame Hayami is keeping her distance." Karma's father sighed while recalling his memories.

Hearing that, I was amused by the story and how Kuro has no worries in how he acts around people.
Brushing his thoughts aside and changing the topic, Karma's father cleared his throat.

"Due to your condition at the moment, I think it would be best to leave you out of the conference with Scienion's Queen." He spoke to Karma, "my Queen, you can handle it correct?" His eyes caught mine.

"I should be." I nodded my head with a little worry.

"Wait, why won't I be present?" Karma spoke with annoyance and the idea of being left out.

"We must act quickly and accordingly. Surely, we can't leave Scienion in the state that it's in. The current Crowns are expecting you home as soon as possible too, so in the meantime the meeting must be held now." He explained.

"Then that should be fine. Rest assured Karma, I will do my best to represent you." I smiled and he grabbed ahold of my hand. "You should rest." I tried to persuade him.

He didn't let go and just solemnly made a whimpering sound.

"Is there a problem?" His father's tone startled the both of us, "surely you have faith in your own Queen?"

Karma cut his acts and scratched the back of his head.

"I'm not doubting Nagisa." He said back while releasing his grip, "I just wish I could be there with you." Karma leaned back and motioned his hand, "I will await the results, I trust you Nagisa. And Father, please assist him in any way possible during the conference."

"Absolutely." Karma's father walked over to me and gently held my hand up, kissing the top with playfully seductive eyes. "Command me in your favor and I will obey without question."

Stunned my his sudden actions, I was speechless. It was like I was staring at an older version of Karma, the gaze that felt hypnotic along with his charisma.

"Father?!" Karma barked out, "what do you think you're doing?" He tried to get out of bed but his muscles wouldn't allow him such sudden erratic movements. "Are you committing adultery right before my eyes?"

"Karma?!" I choked on his words.

"My son, you should know that I would do no such thing. Especially if you were around." His smirk definitely provoked Karma as his father lightly pushed me out of the room with him behind, "worry not, I will take care of our Queen, rest while you can."

And with that, the door closed.