04 | The Palace

<Nagisa>
The following morning my parents said their farewells to me, as I was about to leave to the palace. My suitcases and other luggage was secured by white thick ropes, attached to the roof of the carriage.
I waved at them as they got tinier in the distance. For now, I would never live with them again. I wonder what sacrifices I must make, as the next Queen.

I stared out the window and leaned against the side of the carriage. Wishing that everything will turn our better then expected. I hope that I won't be taken over mentally by all of this. Me and this masculine body that had to be kept a secret all this time.
We drove through Perennial Rose, the holy city of the Original Monarchs split into 4 districts, marked with white pillars.

As the city was large enough with its population, the palace laid within the northeast side of Perennial Rose.

By the time I made it to the palace main gates, I was approached by the armored knights and government officials.

"Hello, we meet again." She inspected me for some time, "you looked much more cuter as a girl."

This blonde woman bowed her head when she spoke. Then she presented her black crescent emblem, indicating that she was from the main family of the Monarchs. In other words, she is the daughter of the current King and Queen, the Princess.

"Have we've met before?" I awkwardly asked.

She looked at me confusingly.

"Forgot about me already?" She sighed and looked rather displeased by my memory. "Of course, it's been ten years at the most, no?"

"My apologies?" I awkwardly apologized.

"It's nothing to worry about. I am Princess Irina, If you're ready, I shall lead you to your chamber and show you around the palace."

"That would be lovely." I smiled.

Irina raised a brow from my word choice and slowly turned around.

"Still have that feminine tongue, don't you?" She teased me. "That's going to change eventually, so don't worry."

"I'll try not to..."
Didn't someone tell me that already?
• • •
We entered my room and I was struck my utter amazement. The cream colored walls, aligned with fountain lamps and rose colored decor. There was practically four rooms all pieced together. So much space and freedom in this room. I'd never thought living like a noble beforehand, felt so middle class.

"As the Queen-in-training, this should be suitable for you. Maybe not in terms as a man but, it will work right?" Irina placed her hands in her hips.

"Yes, it's nothing to quarrel over." I assured.

We both walked into the room and sat down at the tea table, complemented by two cushioned chairs.

"So this is you're schedule. It will either be me escorting you or Sir Karasuma, my fiancé. He's also a member of the Tempus Five." She brought up.

"Direct attendants of the current Crowns?" I asked.

"Of course." She gleamed and her expression changed abruptly. "Breakfast will be served to your room every morning at 7am, lunch will be in the Royal dining hall at 12pm, and lastly dinner in the Royal dining hall at 6pm. The time given before and after are filled with both free time and training hours. Yes, that even means studies." She patted my head.

"Wouldn't think nothing of it." I commented.

"Trying to act highly of yourself aren't you?" She joking pinched my cheeks however, I swatted her hand away. She pulled away and inched a little back.

"Alright then." She smiled.
• • •
After roaming the halls for quite some time. I was greeted by a tall man with a frown on his face. Maybe it was how his face is...but I couldn't tell. He looked like he was about to shout at me angrily.

"I presume that you're Nagisa Shiota?" He questioned, as he showed me his crest, the symbol of the palace Knights.

"Yes." I nodded my head.

He quickly got down on one knee and bowed his head. I myself, got nervous from his sudden actions.

"It's a pleasure to see you once again, my Queen. It was not but the day you were born that I saw you last." He mentioned.

"Heh, well that was a long time ago." I pointed out, "then you must be Karasuma?"

"Tadaomi Karasuma." He nodded. "I was ordered to escort you to the dining hall. Will you please follow me?"

I saw the light flicker in his eyes. I felt a calming sensation from him. He saw me for me, despite the fact that I am considered the Queen.
We both walked down the halls and a conversation broke out again. I was the one who initiated it first.

"Could you tell me, if the whole kingdom knows that there are two kings?"

Karasuma clocked his head subtly and shook. It was a slight pause before he replied.

"As of the moment, no. Only the the current Crowns, Irina and I, including your families know of the situation. For Karma, many people in the kingdom already know. They're calling you the Nameless Queen, if you're wondering." He explained.

"Nameless Queen?"

"Nobody knows who is the reincarnated Queen is, or the fact that it's a male." He added.

"Wouldn't it be best...?" I lost my will to move forward for a second. Isn't this a reason to not bring the reincarnated lovers together?
• • •
Finally, we arrived in the dining hall and when the doors opened. I saw Irina standing beside someone who was already sitting at the long table. It was Karma.

When he saw me, he stood up and tipped his head at me. I did the same and Karasuma pulled out the seat of me and pushed me in. Those two left us alone and then the chefs entered the room. Each placing a plate in front of us.

All Karma did was smile genuinely at me. I found it...relaxing. But part of me recalled this fake relationship. I don't want any part of this tragic story of mine.

"Let's eat." He gestured his hand. "We will be living under the same roof for now on."

"Of course." I picked up my fork, "I'm in your care."

Karma gleamed lightly and then started eating. I saw the way he held his silverware and how he chewed. Almost too perfectly like he was trying to hide something.
So is this how it's going to be like everyday? It's almost outlandish to think that my life was already planned for me since the day I was born.