116 | S2: Silver Butterfly

<Nagisa>
Waking up, I lifted myself up and gazed around to see that Karma wasn't in bed. With a yawn, I rubbed my eyes and stared out the window to see the young golden sun in the morning sky.

"Ah, I feel sick." I covered my mouth and felt nauseous all of a sudden.

I took the covers and raised it up to see dried up mess on the sheets. I'm probably like this because Karma didn't pull out the last two rounds during night.

KNOCK KNOCK

Immediately, I thrashed the covers over and blankly stared at the door. If it was Karma, he wouldn't  hesitate to open it so it must be someone else.

"You can come in." I said aloud.

There was a pause until the door cracked open and a familiar maid I've known growing up came in with a bright smile.

"Good morning, my Queen. It's been awhile hasn't it?"

When I was younger, I would call her aunty. But with my mother making everything strict back then, that was not possible. Her name was Koko and she's been serving our family ever since I was born.

"Good morning." I greeted her, "it has hasn't it? If anything, this will become a rarity moving forward." I brought up.

"Unfortunately so." She replied, "but it does bring a smile on the Lord's face." Koko giggled, "I've prepared a bath. I figured that you'll want to wash up before the other guests arrive."

"Other guests?" I repeated.

"Oh yes. I think the thought must of slipped from the Lord. Your father's younger brother and his family are visiting to discuss future matters of the Shiota household."

"I see." I nodded my head, "he is a forgetful kind of man."

"Your father just has been in high spirits with you back home that he must of forgotten about it." She came back over and took the towels in her hand again, "I presume that you'll need a bit more time, the bath is all set any how. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to call me." She bowed her head.

"Surely I am not a young child anymore." I chuckled, "but thank you."

"I suppose not, my apologies."
By then, she excused herself from the room and I finally got out of bed myself.

It has been such a long time since I've seen my Uncle and my cousins. Perhaps it's been a year altogether but even I don't remember.

One thing for sure is, my father will lose his position as the head of the Shiota family. It's been muddling in the back of my head but I really wonder if he's okay with that.
••••••••
When my relatives did arrive, Karma kept Aika company in the garden. With such discussions, it was best to talk in privately without the judgement of others.

"My! Look at you!" My uncle was the first to emerge through the doors of the drawing room. His arms flailed out and when he was about to hug me he stopped short.

"It's alright. The past is no longer amongst us." I assured.

When I said that, his glistening eyes became somewhat sullen. In the end he did embrace me tightly and whispered,

"this is the first time I've ever hugged you Nagisa, you've grown up well." With a pat on my back, I appreciated his kindness.

When I was younger, my mother forbade all kinds of physical contact. Whether it was simple hugs and even light touches on the shoulder, nothing was allowed. Evidently, my father would sneak some here and there back then, but it was not common for me.