75 | The Heat

<Nagisa>
Little did I know, time quickly flew by and it was already half passed eight. Dinner was already settled with, so Nagisa and I headed back to my bedroom.

Right before the both of us headed back, Yuriko insisted that we play another round of chess, though their mother tugged her away with a wink.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay out longer?" Karma asked, "usually Yuriko doesn't go to bed until ten. She's usually reading at this hour." He added.

"Then I shouldn't interrupt her nightly routine. For anyone, it's hard to adapt to those, even if you are being kind. I don't want to force her." I declined.

Karma flicked my forehead.
"Ow, what was that for?" I questioned.

"She's my sister, it doesn't matter if you have to make her spend time with you." He chuckled and patted my back, "it's fine, we're all family, no? Asking for favors and irritating each other is just part of it." He assured.

"Well I don't know about that. Yuriko is your precious little sister, I can't simply approach her familiarly when this is my second time visiting your home."

"It's called respect Karma." I said.

"Oh. Is it now?" He leaned in close and smirked, "you know, I like it when you don't submit." He held my hand.

"Heh? What are you talking about?" I retreated back, while his hand was still linked to mine.

"Come on, I think it's time for a bath." He suggested, "let's clean each other up."

"Karma do you hear yourself right now?" I looked away.

"Hmmm? Is that a no then?" Karma's voice rang loudly in my ear as a whisper. His steaming breath that tickled me red.

I can't help but to be attracted to it.
•••••••••
"I can't believe I agreed to this." I sank low into the piping hot bath that Karma was also submerged in.

"You would of regretted it." He spoke, placing a folded white towel on my head, "just relax." He sat back and closed his eyes.

The bathroom was quite large, one that was separated from the main bathing room. The white tiles on the walls looked like they've been washed continuously. No mold nor fade in the brilliant white hue. As for the ground, they were a material similar to the walls, but weren't as slippery.

This bathroom in particular is meant for more than one person. Apparently as we changed, the maid said that the Karma's mother and her friends would enjoy the bath together for fun.

I didn't think she would be that type of woman to do such things. But that's how flexible she is as a powerful woman of the Akabane family.

I peeked over at Karma who was already getting drained by the heat of the bath. His cheeks were rosy red and his expression was strained.
I found it quite humorous actually.

Lifting up my hand out of the water, the molecules dropped back into the tub, pelting loudly.

Karma opened his eyes and turned his head.

"Nagisa, I don't think I apologized properly about everything." He spoke.

Silence continued and I turned my head.

"There's no need. No matter how much we convince ourselves that things could of been different, this is it." I spoke, "I know you feel bad. I'm utterly grateful that you're so tormented by the idea. You care and that's all that matters. Thank you."

I reached over and grabbed Karma's hand.

"You know, we might have to go through more thick vines and walls when we finally take our seats."

I nodded my head.
"It's not that far away. That image." I pointed out.

"Best be ready for it." He patted my back, "I'll support you all the way." He assured.

"I know you will. I'll do the same."

I peeked over and Karma has his head resting on the rim of the tube. He stared up at the ceiling and spoke,

"How's Kaede?"

"Well, she's still recovering. Karasuma did tell her to take time off to rest. She deserves it." I answered.

"Don't we all?" Be snickered, "she's been a great asset to all of this. We have to repay her properly when the time is right."

"I have some ideas." I conveyed, "I'll tell you later on though." I closed my eyes and let the steam take me whole.

Every inch of my body submerged, I sank low.
Take me away, away from my thoughts.
•••••
I opened my eyes and saw a lamp hovering above me. It's hot...
I turned my head and felt the cushion of the pillow, soft, but firm. I was laying in bed with the covers suffocating me. To my right, Karma was at the small table, writing something under the lamp. The room itself was dark, with no lights from the hanging chandelier.

"Karma?" I called his name.

"Hm? Did you wake?" He got up from his seat and walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge.

"What happened?" I questioned, propping myself up with my elbow on the bed.

"You passed out before I did. Haha, you really took a swim." He chuckled quietly, "it's half past midnight.
Everyone is asleep." He added.

"I can't believe it." I sighed and laid back down. "What are you doing? Shouldn't you rest too?" I suggested.

"Well, I'm kind of in the middle of something. What? Do you desperately want me to cuddle with you?" He touched my chin and tilted his head forward.

His lips were close to touching mine, as he teased me inching forward. He leaned back and poked my nose.

"Well, I would be lying if I told you to finish whatever you're doing." I spoke.

He smiled and nodded his head.
Then, Karma crawled in bed with me and wrapped his arms around my waist. His warmth competing with mine.

"Gosh, it's so hot under here." He closed his eyes.

"Well, you're the one who decided to layer me." I sighed.

"Thought you would get cold." He snuggled in close.

"Hey Karma."

"Hmm?"

"Touch me." I said aloud.

"Nagisa, do you hear yourself right now? You're oddly turned on for some reason." He whispered while sitting up next to me.

"It's just that, it's been awhile." I pouted, "you should be grateful I'm even allowing you." I pointed out with a pout.

"True." He grinned and caressed my cheek, "I wonder if your body remembers my touch."

I took his hand and placed it upon my beating chest.
"Why don't we find out Karma?"

"My, my." He chuckled and sank down to kiss me, "just keep your voice down okay? Don't want to wake anyone up. Especially the knights on night-duty." He kissed me.

"That's if you're able to make me scream." I pinched his nose.

"Is that a challenge?" He raised a brow.

"Then accept it already." I pulled down his shirt and kissed him back.

"Mark me yours."