30 | The Love Song

<Nagisa>
With Father's help, you could say that I raided Mamoru's room. But unlike most people, I made sure to keep it tidy as if no one had ever passed through other than himself.

I found this small album of old photos, dating back since Mamoru was fifteen years old with his girl. I never knew that this was so much greater. These petit white bordered photos of the girl smiling like an angel. Like a purely innocent lamb in spring.
Most of them were photographs of them together laughing, and some formal ones.

However, all of them shared a common theme. Love. They all exposed the young romance between them, however screaming the blackening truth.

   ••••
Her name is Miss Hara, Aika. She is just a year younger than Mamoru and she comes from the middle class family that works with the scholars of the kingdom and education.

Her father is a well known teacher amongst the nobles as an educator in that field. We also had Hara homeschool us when we were younger.
Aika herself works with her father and schools the younger generation.

If I could remember, when Mamoru was growing up and was homeschooled, Hara was the family's trusted teacher, as well as other noble families.
Although after five years until he was fifteen, they discontinued with Hara's educational oversight on Mamoru's studies.
Could this be the connection?

"My Queen, we've arrived at the village of Rosemary." The chauffeur called out poked my head out the window. I glanced upon a plain field with the rosemary scent lingering in the air, and the small town in before me.

This was one of the smaller regions of the kingdom, as it was just one out of the four villages.
I saw the old repainted white signs that faced in the direction of the town, and towards the center of the kingdom.

"The Hara's? There just past that stone wall. They have the white arch with the flowers on them. You can't miss'em." One of the villagers informed the knight and led the way there.

The man was right.
Compared to the other homes, the Hara's was quite unique. It's bushes in full bloom and the wooden sign with the family name, hanging on the stone in front of the home. Unlike any of the others, there windows were all cracked opened all the way, even the front door. Almost too inviting.

"May I help you sir?" A man spotted the tall knight beside me with a concerned expression.

Hara couldn't see me so I stepped out and nod my head slowly forward, kind of awkward.

"Good morning, Hara." I smiled softly.

"Why, I didn't think the Queen herself would visit in person. It's been awhile hasn't it, my Queen?" He bowed his head and gestured for us to come in.

"It's quite cozy isn't it?" I asked about the house.

"Yes it is. Enough for the three of us. Excuse anything that comes to your disliking. Should I prepare something for you to drink?"

I shook my head.

"No need to, thank you for the kind thought."

"I must ask but, why is it that you've come here?" Hara brought up, "does it have to do with your older brother of sorts?"

"Yes it does." I answered, "but I would like to ask your daughter questions." I added.

"Aika? Did she do something wrong?"

"No no. Don't be mistaken. I just need to confirm something. By then, I'll relate the information further." I explained.

Hara nodded his head and pondered to himself. He got up and led me down the hall and into the back yard.

That was when I heard the angelic voice, echoing in the distance. Her gold rich hair sparkled preciously that my skin crawled, I even grew amazed by such a breathtaking voice. I saw Aika with kids surrounding her on the nicely clipped grass. They all too, listened to her mesmerizing voice as she sung each word, each emotion.

I've never heard such a delicateness like this. She is far more divine in person than in those photographs, as I was completely stunned.

When she noticed me standing next to her father, she stopped short. Almost like a sin for such a voice to terminate.
When I looked in her eyes, it was like she knew why I was here. She dropped her arms to her side and stood up slowly and uncomfortably.

•••••
<Karma>
I found it unbearable, distasteful, and very lonesome. Without Nagisa here felt like the cold bars of prison.

I usually filled my the hours with sword matches with the knights. Other times sitting in my designated seat to watch Karasuma hold regulatory training.
All but a sense of boredom, with Nagisa here.

"Good afternoon, my King!"

I was instantly startled by a loud feminine voice. I looked to my right to see Nagisa's friend, Kaede.

"You as well." I spoke.

"I haven't seen Nagisa around lately." She sat down beside me, scooting a few inches away for proper mannerism and decency.

"He has gone back home for the time being. His mother is ill." I explained.

"Oh that's terrible! No wonder he hasn't been around the palace. Of course anyone would want to leave and go back home in that kind of situation." Kaede one-sidedly said.

I knew for a fact that Nagisa's relationship with his mother wasn't sturdy. Nor his entire relations to his family. It made me think of all these fantasies about Nagisa. Whether I should make an appearance to confirm his well-being.
I stood up and Kaede followed right after with confusion.

"What's the matter? You seem conflicted." She pointed out.

"Nagisa hasn't written to me yet. I fear that something greater is happening." I confessed.

"My King, you surely are what they call clingy. Isn't Nagisa with his family that he hasn't seen in so long? Is it peculiar for him not to spend quality time with his family since moving into the palace?" Kaede changed my thoughts into a more logical standard.

She's right. I shouldn't be acting so childishly like this, waiting for his return. But I just couldn't shake off the idea that something has happened. And I simply cannot leave my post here and make an appearance at his home.

In seconds an idea popped in my head.
I looked over and stared at Kaede who continued to look concern for me. I placed my hand on her shoulder and I could see the shock in her eyes.

"My King this is all too sudden- why are you..."
Does she honestly think that I would do anything uncalled for? I shook my head in disappointment and sighed.

"Will you do me the honor and check on Nagisa for me? I don't want you to make a fuss down there, so no knights will accompany you. I'm confident that you're capable on your own." I asked.

"M-me?! Of course I would!" Kaede knelt down on one knee, her head hanging down. "Anything for you my King!"

Kaede stood back up and gleamed rather bubbly. I didn't know why she was all excited and happy, but I knew that she wouldn't fail me.