36 | Falling Stars

<Nagisa>
The morning greeted me divinely with the spirit of Queen Yua, laying beside me on the bed. Her black hair carefully arranged and not messily all over the place. I sat up and pulled the covers a little over, and saw that she was wearing a snow white night grown, with frills at the bottom hem.
She remained asleep in a fetal position. Her bosom closely knit to define her raw cleavage and her pale skin that reminded me of a doll. Her sparkling crescent moon necklace glistened, hanging from her neck and laying on the bed.

When I was about to cover her again, from the shame that I had committed, she opened her eyes.

"A beautiful creature slipped in, didn't she?" I spoke as she continued to lay half awake.

Queen Yua grabbed my hand and held it gently.

"If I've acquired one thing from each body that I've clung to, it is that sleeping without worry is a wonderful gift." She propped herself up and placed her head on my shoulder, leaning in. "The devil inside my head makes no dreams, but nightmares since the day I ceased to exist physically."

"You make it sound so morbid my dear." I conveyed.

"But it is." Queen Yua closes her eyes and for a second I saw a tear run down her cheeks, before she vanished altogether.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Nagisa? Are you awake?" Karma's voice echoed through the door.

"Yes I am. What is it?" I called out, looking at the grandfather clock to acknowledge the time.

"Get dress my love, it is time to head out." Karma said back and I stumbled on my way to the door.

I opened the door and Karma waved.

"Where to exactly?" I sighed.

"My home." Karma patted my shoulder.

"I'm quite exhausted you know, been in and out of the palace. It takes a toll on my physically and mentally." I explained.

Karma chuckled and walked into my room. He stared out the wide windows and sat on the arm chair, where he usually sits.

"It's fine. It will just be for afternoon tea. My parents want to meet you formally." Karma added.

"Y-your parents?" I questioned.

"Yes of course." Karma found it hilarious that I wasn't content with it. He got back up and whispered into my ears.

"Are you nervous to meet my parents?" His breath tickled my ear and he kissed the side of my cheek.

"Too early in the morning." I pushed him a little back and the wave of heat hit me before I could control it.

"Your ears are red. How cute." Karma continued to tease me. "Come along now, get dressed. I'll be waiting downstairs." He said before he left me alone in my chamber.

When I thought I would be able to relax after what happened the other day. I don't get a break, do I?"
•••••••••
Upon arrival the first to greet us was Karma's family dog. An attractive greyhound that leveled a little over my hips. He had long slender legs and fluffy charcoal ears. He came up to me and sniffed my hand, but causally kept to Karma's side.