108 | S2: His Princess

<Nagisa>
When the orange-cream sunrise painted the horizon, the two days in the endless diamond ocean had led us back home to Crescent kingdom.

On the pier, numerous palace knights were waiting for us to dock when we all watched from the deck.

"Welcome home! Welcome home your majesties!" They bellowed from below, the only time I've seen them out of character. Amongst them was none other than the Princess herself, Irina.

"My, she looks angry." Kuro teasingly nudged Karasuma, even though he respectfully ignored him, "I wonder what a royal slap feels like."

"Leave the poor man alone." Lord Akabane raised a brow, "at least he has someone waiting for him."

"It's good to be back." I said to Karma who was right beside me, "I'm kind of nervous though."

"Because of what Roka and Yua said?" He whispered to me, "It's going to be okay, we'll do this together."

He patted my shoulder and to my left Kaede gazed out with a face of uncertainty, a bit lost too. When she made eye contact with me, she gleamed regardless.

"Will you please go home and rest?" I asked her again and even though she didn't want to, she agreed.

"If it's what you want, then I will comply." She responded, "but I don't plan on having a long vacation." She giggled.

"Rest assured." I nodded my head and a growing shadow from behind swallowed us.

"Um." We clocked out heads to notice Duke Kuro towering over us. His grin sent chills down our spines until he spoke.

"I will escort Lady Kayano back home if you will allow me. We should be heading in the same direction, no?" He offered.

"While I'm honored, I can't simply have you escort me." She declined and inched away, "I'm capable myself."

"Do be careful, Duke Kuro always have some kind of motive. Plus, he won't take no for an answer so it's best to allow it." Karasuma warned.

Kuro continued to smile and waited for Kaede to respond once more.

"Please take care of me." She bowed her head with an escaping sigh.

"Very good!" He placed both his hands on her shoulder, "well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

"Bye Kaede..." I waved as she was dragged away by Duke Kuro.

"I wonder what's gotten into him all of a sudden." Karma wondered.

"A mysterious man indeed." Karma's father stood behind us, "I shall accompany you back to the palace, I must speak with the current Crowns."

With just us four of us left, Karasuma stayed clear from the rails of the deck, distancing himself so he wouldn't be seen.
Maybe it has to do with Irina? I looked over the edge and saw her greeting the other members of the Tempus Five as they walked by.

"Karasuma." I called his name, "shall we go?"

"You look bothered." Karma exposed him and he slightly flinched.

"My apologies." He walked over to us, "we should head down as well."

On our way, I pinched Karma for putting Karasuma in a tight spot like that even he knew very well why he was acting like so. Lord Akabane quietly chuckled and kept behind us.

"He's human too." I loudly whispered as Karasuma walked ahead of us.

On our way out, the Captain bowed his head and brightly smiled, "I bless you a good day, thank you for allowing me to accompany you on such a journey."

Karma and I acknowledged him and finally made our way on the wooden platforms. And there she was, the maiden that tied Karasuma's heart silently yet powerfully.

"Tadaomi." She said his name with such a pained voice and carefully walked towards him.

"Irina." His voice trailed.

Both Karma and I stayed back and witnessed their relationship unraveled. For the others who had their eyes on them as well, it was a rare sight for those two to show any kind of affection or intimacy in public.

"I'm sorry Irina." He apologized to her sincerely and she reached out to touch his cheek. "I made you worry." With despondency he looked into her crystal fragile eyes.

"Your safety and well-being is what matters the most Tadaomi." She responded, "I'm glad that you're okay. I missed you." She wrapped her arms around him and he embraced her back.

"Thank you for waiting for me." He said with a low yet audible voice, "I'm home."

It would be a lie if I said this moment didn't make my heart flutter. It was truly heartwarming for me and I think Karma can agree.

"My apologies." Irina quickly changed her persona and acknowledged us, "welcome back, we've all been waiting for you both to return safely."

"Thank you." Karma responded, "in any case, I presume that we will be meeting with the current Crowns?" He added.

"They said to have you settle first. After all, you just came back from a chaotic visit to foreign land." She explained, "we'll discuss everything over dinner along with my parents tonight."

We both nodded our heads and Karasuma cleared his throat, "with that being said, let's take you back to the palace."

I crossed my arms and shook my head, "you just came back yourself. The knights can escort us to the palace, please stay with Irina for the rest of the day." I ordered.

"My Queen? I have my duties." He declined while making a quick glance at Irina who was also confused.

"My father can see to it." Karma looked behind him and with a surprised expression patted his shoulder.

"It's not a problem Karasuma, I am heading there anyways. Do enjoy the rare time off that my son has allowed you to have. Besides, you've been burdening yourself with many of these responsibilities that you lack the touch of a gentle woman."

I blankly stared at Lord Akabane and then at Karma who nodded his head contently. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Unless he wanted to tease with Karasuma just like how Duke Kuro did earlier.

For Irina, she blushed with embarrassment and looked as if she was going to punch him for his comment.

"If it's what you truly desire, then I will obey." Karasuma sighed and bowed his head, "I appreciate your kindness."

"T-thank you." Irina followed his gesture.

"Don't fret over it, leave it to me Karasuma. With events drawing near for all of us, you need to stay by the Princess's side. Essentially, one wistful night will turn you into a full-fledge man once the seed has been-."

"Alright!" I blurted out and awkwardly spoke, "that's enough chit-chat for now. Why don't we go out separate ways?" I suggested.

"Father...and you wonder why I'm like so." Karma sighed, walking towards our carriage.

"Pardon me if you felt uncomfortable but it's the endearing truth. We all have our own kinds of responsibilities, just wanted to remind Karasuma to take action in the ones he's been pushing to the side thus far."

"You're very kind Lord Akabane." Karasuma said with a masked smile, a deadly aura that was trying to escape from it. You could even see his veins popping out from the side of his head.

"We Tempus Five members must look out for each other, it's only natural." He continued his humor and started walking to the carriage as well.

Karasuma glared at me which made me flinch. Though he did not hold that expression for long, he sighed with exasperation.

"I don't know how you endure it my Queen." He brought up.

I nodded my head,
"I don't know how myself."