111 | S2: Blessing Upon the Soul

<Karma>
When Nagisa fell asleep, I accidentally doze off too when peaceful setting dragged me in. However, I was fortunate enough to wake up thirty minutes before the fixed-time for supper.

Outside, the sky was inching towards darkness and the sun was slipping beneath the horizon.
About to wake up Nagisa, I notice that there was slight tears that glistened on his cheeks. I wonder what he's dreaming about? With my hands, I wipe them away and patted his back.

"Nagisa, it's time to wake up." I said with a soft voice. "Come on."

Nagisa didn't budge at all and I began to think about others ways of waking him up without a commotion. At least, it won't be like last time when I-

Carefully, I placed Nagisa on his back as I hovered over him. The serene expression of pureness stirred me up, how compelling his expression was when he is sleeping.

"Nagisa." I called his name again. No answer.

I took it upon myself to use the only method that will bring him back to his senses, even if they'll scold me later for being an aroused fiend.

Leaning downwards, I pressed my lips on Nagisa's mouth and touched his chin, drawing his mouth opened. From there, I stuck my tongue in while dancing with his even if he wasn't conscious.

I moved my right arm and with my fingers pinched his nose. I made sure not to give him the chance to breathe when I continued to kiss him passionately.

COUGH, COUGH

"I can't believe you!" Nagisa finally woke up while gasping for air. "You have no shame, don't you?" He said while wiping the saliva off from around his mouth.

"It's a romantic way of being woken up by a lover." I teased, "did you not enjoy it?" I moved aside and got up from the bed slowly.

Nagisa rolled his eyes and sighed. I could tell that his sudden gloom was not from me, but from something else.

"What's wrong?" I wondered, "was it your dream?"

Nagisa gazed into my eyes and nodded his head.

"I'm not fine but I can manage for now." He confessed while crawling out of bed too.

"You know you can tell me, rely on me more." I spoke.

"I know that." Nagisa came over to my side of the bed and leaned his forehead on my chest. "When we get the chance, let's visit my home together."

It was a surprise when Nagisa said such things. I didn't cross my mind that he could be homesick when his home consisted of mostly bad memories.

"It would be a pleasure." I agreed while caressing his cheek, "come here."

Nagisa inched closer and stared into the windows of my soul. I glided my thumb across the sweet lips I just devoured, yearning for more. I kissed him again.

The lustful expression that he wore tempted me to want to strip his clothes and toss him on the bed. However, I had to restrain myself and I could tell Nagisa had to as well.

"After supper, I'll have my second helping." I winked and Nagisa's obediently nodded his head.
••••••••
When we arrived at the table, the current Crowns were awaiting our presence. With an apology for running a couple of minutes late, they assured us that they just got there too.

It was Irina who arrived much later than all of us but did not miss the serving of the food.

"I presume that you must know what will become of the both of you after this meal." The King spoke while glancing shortly at the Queen.

Silence filled at first but the Queen made sure ease the growing tension.

"My children, I must apologize for such revelation  in our events." She tilted her head forward slightly while staring forward.

"Don't fret over such matters, it can't be helped." I spoke, "we will assume responsibility as we are fated to."

"Mother, Father." Princess Irina called them, "I believe in these two, even if we are a year early."

The reinforcement of her words did reassure Nagisa and I. Although, her sudden glare startled us. Don't mess this up was shouting through her intense eyes.

"Even though I can't see, I can still sense your hostility." The Queen shook her head in disappointment at Irina.

"Sorry, Mother." She flinched.

"In any case, we don't want to rush the both of you even though we already are. Will a a few weeks or even a month suffice to get you prepared?" The King asked of us.

Irina dismissed herself from the conversation for the moment and concentrated on the food on her plate, cutting the steak evenly.

"Or will you need more time?" The Queen added.

"A month should be fine, if you'll allow it." Nagisa spoke, "I would like to take care of things before the coronation if possible."

"But of course, it's the least we can do." The King agreed, "on the other hand, I've heard about your great accomplishments abroad. You both have surpassed our expectations."

"Remarkable and brave young souls. Lord Akabane made sure to go in detail along with what Sir Karasuma and Lady Kaede witnessed." The Queen explained.

"Lady Kaede has grown tremendously over the past few years. It's wise to say that her experiences has become much broader." Irina agreed, "I expected that this experience would break her resolve but I was wrong."

"We will make sure to speak with her privately later on. A reward for her undying loyalty to the Crown and services thus far." The King acknowledged Kaede's contributions and Nagisa happily smiled in response.

The King scooted his chair back and stood up with the glass of burgundy wine in his hand.

"A toast." He spoke.

Everyone stood up and raised our glasses as well, waiting for the words.

"Blessings upon the moon of Cresecent kingdom and the divine souls of the Original Monarchs." He said with a confident roar.

Across from me, I was able to see Roka's figure joining in with the toast to the Kingdom and it's unforeseen future ahead. Whether good or bad, it will be written within the royal texts as a reminder for the generations ahead.

It's chilling to think that soon Nagisa and I will sit on the thrones. Even though the thought was nerve-wracking, I found it exciting at the same time.

"I look forward to your success." Roka spoke, "I believe in both you and Nagisa to change this tradition and set a ripple strong enough to change our fates. It may be a selfish request but we're counting on you."

I raised my glass towards him and the others watched as I did. I think it was apparent to the King that Roka was also present if not seen by the others nor him.

I glanced over and exchanged eyes with Nagisa. I opened my mouth and felt the power in my words when I spoke,

"To Crescent kingdom."