94 | S2: Shackles of God

<Kaede>
Once Yoshida left, I deeply bowed apologetically. However, it was quite discomposing when I started to shake in fear for what lied ahead. The feeling of embarrassment and shame couldn't have gutted anymore than it already did.

"I'm sorry." I apologized while waiting for the coldness of Karasuma's words.

He turned towards me completely and I saw his polished black shoes as I kept my head down.

"Tch."

Here it comes.

"I didn't think you were the kind to hold yourself back?"

"Huh?" I glanced up carefully and he had a calm yet worried expression on his face. "You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad? Not at you at least." He sighed, "I did say to be on your best behavior but I don't mean for you to keep your mouth shut and let others walk all over you." Karasuma started to walk off.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Back to my post. We'll leave once our Crowns are finished." He waved his hand slightly, "be careful."

I nodded my head. Even though I'm used to his rough attitude and expectations, I didn't think I would feel such comfort.

"Thanks..." My voice wasn't loud enough to reach him but it was decided that I would thank him again in private when the time permits.

For all the times I questioned how Irina kept up with him, I take everything back. No wonder she's loyal to him, not because they are meant to marry each other but how compatible they actually are.
However, to think about living with Karasuma's personality, that's a whole other story.

RUSTLE, RUSTLE

Hm? What's that sound?
I clocked my head to the left and stared off into the empty garden where the gazebo was. While everyone was in the main garden talking amongst themselves, I followed the strange noise.

"Is something the matter?" A knight stopped me at the arch. I looked past his build and saw a shadow swipe by.

"Is anyone allowed past here?" I asked.

"It is accessible for the guest, though one has come into this part of the garden as far as I'm concerned." He explained.

"May I?"

"Of course." He moved aside and I continued forward.

RUSTLE, RUSTLE

The sound from before grew a little louder but faded again as I drew near. The knight said that no one has come in here but I was sure I saw something. Perhaps it's a child from one of these royal families here playing and they never noticed.

In any case, I wasn't the type to let things just slip as it was. In the off-chance, there could actually be someone of threat here lurking around.

I scanned the area and noticed how tall the surrounding bushes were and couldn't help but to admire how cleanly shaved they were.
I reached out and touched the leaves and the quietness was rather relaxing.
Or maybe alarming.

I glanced back at arch and the knight who had their back faced towards me. Maybe I'll head back now and see how Nagisa and Karma are doing. Plus, if they notice that I'm gone, it could cause a problem.

"Hello."

I stopped and placed my hand on the handle of the sword. Someone is behind me.

"Don't move."

"And why shouldn't I?" I grabbed the sword and unsheathed it slightly.

"I'll kill everyone here."
The deep voice of a man threw me off guard with the unique accent that differed from the ones here in Scienion.

"What's your play?" I questioned staying still.

"Don't worry. I have no intentions of harming anyone if I don't need to. Though, I have to make a clamor regardless." He spoke, "so Miss, do you mind?"

Rapidly, I drew my sword and used the shadow on the ground to direct my aim. When I thought I had made contact, no one was there.

"How-."

SLASH

"I'm afraid I'm much faster."
His voice echoed while I collapsed on my knees.

I looked down and witnessed the blood accumulating around the deep wound of where I was just lacerated. My uniform was cut and the redness soiled into every fiber of the clothes.

I tried to stop my chest from from bleeding out but I felt weaker as the seconds slipped away. My abdomen was also cut that I couldn't contain it all at once.

"I intend to keep you in one piece." He flicked his sword outward and the blood was whipped onto the green grass before he sheathed it.
I searched for the voice and was able to see the legs of the man before me. My vision started to blur so when I finally saw his face, it was nothing but pure blindness.
Everything went black.

THUD
••••••••
<Nagisa>
After meeting numerous members of the royal family, specifically Manami's relatives, Karma and I decided to head back to the Palace with Manami for lunch.

Once Karasuma made his way to us, they updated each other. For me, I was distracted from their conversation because I was looking for Kaede in the crowd.

"I will see you shortly." Manami nodded her head forward as her guards escorted her out of the garden.

"Likewise." Karma acknowledged.

"Hey, Karasuma." I called him.

"Yes, my Queen?" He noticed me. "What is the problem?"

"Where is Kaede?" I kept looking around. "Thought I saw her earlier."

"I'm not sure. Though, previously she did find herself in a predicament to which I had to intervene. As of lately, I haven't seen her around." He made us aware.

"Strange." I touched my chin. "You think-."

SCREAM

"Huh?" Everyone was spooked from the sudden screams coming from young children running out from the east side of the garden where the white gazebo was.

People started to cluster at the arch and I shoved my way through to see the commotion. With Karma and Karasuma behind me, we stopped shortly when the knight blocked the way.

"Let us through." I said.

"You're from Crescent aren't you?" He asked.

"Yes." Karma spoke in my stead, "what happened?"

"Then she must be one of yours." He stepped aside and let us pass. But once we slipped by, he guarded the arch and didn't let anyone else through.

Once we made it, there was a couple of knights and Hazama at the scene, gathering around someone who was laying on the ground.

Red.

"It's blood." Karma said pointing at the puddle streaming out but we still couldn't see who it was. "Are they alright?"

Hazama turned and her expression lit up in concern.
"Ah. How unfortunate really." Hazama rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her hips. She moved to the side and we didn't expect any of this.

I knelt down beside the familiar body and lifted her slightly up, her body leaning on me. Staring at my hands, Kaede's blood stained my palm and I began to tremble.

"Kaede!"