129 | S2: Daisies

<Karma>
After the dubbing ceremony, it took a few days until the palace could finally calm down. This was because of the movement of military personnel, the new entering, the older members being relocated.

Not all members get to be relocated though. Individuals had to write a request and ask for a recommendation from their superior if they finished at least one year of training on palace grounds.

Essential members like the higher military officials, Tempus Five, and rising stars like Kaede usually stay within Perennial Rose unless advised by the Crowns.

So this time, there was new faces that Nagisa and I had to get used to. Many names to remember and faces to engrain.

"Karma, a letter came for you this morning." Nagisa handed me a pink sealed envelope when he walked through the doors of my room. Looking up from the wedding plans sent by the Princess, I scooted the seat away from the desk.

If anything, I guess I didn't realize how often Nagisa and I would spend the night together in my room. Rarely does he sleep alone anymore and I find it quite nice. For us to officially share a room is until we get married.

"Thanks, it must be from Yuriko. She did say she was going to send something my way after the dubbing ceremony." I explained while taking it my hands.

"What do you think it says?" He leaned down and stared at it.

I looked over and gazed at his lonely and soft lips. Slightly getting up from my seat and holding onto the arm of the chair, I lightly kissed Nagisa on the lips.

Immediately, he inched back and covered his embarrassment. It's hard to believe that's he was still not use to this kind of behavior. And honestly, it makes me want to tease him more.

"You scared me." He diverged his gaze and then gradually looked back.

"Sorry, didn't have breakfast yet." I teased him and reached for the letter opener in the desk drawer. "Not sure what she wrote but I'm guessing it will be something not to my liking."

"What do you mean?" He cautiously came closer again.

With the opened letter in my hand, I started to read and so did Nagisa. At first the letter started with an usual greeting but most of the time, it would build up into something quite irritable. This time, I was right about the content of the letter.

"Awe, how sweet." Nagisa smiled brightly and tapped my back, "we have time, why not accept?"

"Are you serious? You want me to formally meet her fiancé?" I stood up from my seat and rubbed the bridge of my nose, "no, I'll have to decline this time around."

"What are you even saying? Karma, you're not a supportive older brother at all." Nagisa crossed his arms.

"She probably just picked randomly to get it out of the way. Yuriko is a smart little one and possibly has a plan." I explained.

"Can't you just respect the fact that your little sister is growing up? Come on, let's just at least meet the boy before you completely disregard him."

"What if he's not the one?" Karma looked up worried.

"Remember when you and I reunited after our first meeting when we were young? Can you recall those one-sided words of mine?" I softly asked him.

"Yes. I can." Karma nodded his head with sadden smile, "they hurt till this day, even though I know you are mine." He held my hand.

"Yuriko is human. She's going to face obstacles in her life just like us. Whether she made the right choice isn't the concern right now, we have to be there for her. Let's meet her fiancé together okay?" Nagisa squeezed my hand, giving me the assurance I lacked.