135 | S3: Blooming

2 year time skip
<Nagisa>
It's true what people say about how time just passes in a blink of an eye. We grow and change gradually and before we know it, we end up where we are now only to wonder what tomorrow will be like.

It's been two years since Karma and I have ascended the thrones, said our vows, and promised to carry the responsibilities of the kingdom.

"My Queen, the noble council have sent a request for the upcoming meeting this week." One of our attendants entered the royal office where Karma and I have been during most hours of our day.

I stared at the empty seat next to mine only to remember that he's on diplomatic duties today with the Princess.

And last year especially was as exciting as the previous. That was because Sir Karasuma and Princess Irina finally tied the knot as well.

"I will look over it, thank you."

The office attendant handed me the letter that was stamped with a red wax seal. He took his leave right after and I gestured my hand on my left.

"Kaede."

"Yes, my Queen?" Her silence broke in that moment and she faced my way.

"Karma will be gone for the rest of the day, please send a messenger bird his way once I write up the details of this letter."

"Yes, of course." She bowed her head and remained still like a statue once more.

Last year, Dame Hayami stepped down from her position and announced her successor. The pieces finally came together that day after all the times Dame Hayami requested for Kaede's presence ever since the incident in Scienion. She had always had Kaede in mind to take over her spot as a member of the Tempus Five.

A small ceremony was held and it only included high military officials, the Crowns, nobles, and especially the present members of the Tempus Five.

It was a memorable day added to our lives. Once the succession was completed, news about Kaede's new position swarmed across the kingdom like wildfire. She was the talk of the streets and there was instances where people questioned why Dame Hayami chose someone so young.

Kaede became the youngest female ever in our history to be given the title Dame.

At first it was a lot of pressure for Kaede to fill in the shoes of Dame Hayami's past accomplishments and service. However, with great confidence, Kaede took it as a challenge to better herself and do the best she can as she has been doing all along.

Out of the duties available when it comes to joining the Tempus Five, it varies depending on their service and affiliation. Kaede chose to become a royal guard, just like Karasuma.

And since then, Karasuma has been teaching Kaede one step at a time, providing all necessary details in order for her to become a perfect replacement for him in the future. As of now, Karasuma aids Karma and Kaede is by my side whenever the two of us are apart.

"I liked the laid back and nonchalant Kaede." I said aloud as I looked up from the letter. "The one who would fumble when Karasuma scolded you."

"Well, that was the old me." Kaede smiled, "I don't want to disappoint him anymore."

"He's not around at the moment, you can relax." I assured, "come over here for a bit and let's chat."

"I don't want to be tempted." Kaede replied, "while it sounds very nice and my legs are tired from standing for the past five hours, I cannot give in."

"Such a shame." I playfully teased her, "I've lost my dearest friend to the likes of Sir Karasuma." Shaking my head in discontent, I stood up and walked over to her instead.