54 | Her Soul, Bounded

<Karma>
Initially we were all contemplating on what to do with her. We all convened in the sitting room near the area where the current Queen was being treated. Queen Yua who has embodied Nagisa, sat with her legs crossed; she did not break her glare at me.

For a while now, we've been asking her questions, but she hasn't comply to any of them.

"You must be thirsty." I finally spoke, easing the grey clouds that hovered above us.

Yua sighed and touched her neck but made a puzzled expression as if something was missing. She then placed her right arm on her left. When I thought she was just resting it, her nails dug into the flesh; the skin started to bleed.
Would she intentionally try to harm his body?

"Speak now, will you?" The King couldn't restrain himself any longer. Irina tried to calm him down and she apologized to Yua by nodding her head forward.
Yua uncrossed her legs and stood to her feet.

"Prepare a bath for me." She picked at the worn down clothes that she was wearing, in regards to Nagisa. "Bring me something that will nourish this body."

"You! How can we know for sure that you're actually her! You're playing a risky game right now." The King gave her a dirty look. "Pretending to be-."

"Quiet will you?" She spoke again, "if you can't even trust me...then call for the head of the Kuro family. Have him come here. He will decide whether this is a bluff or not." Yua started to head towards the door and Karasuma bowed his head, as he moved to the side away from the door.

"The Duke?" The King spoke with confusion.

They exchanged eyes for a moment and Yua finally had a different facial expression. She slightly smirked and patted Karasuma on the shoulder.

"While you do that, I'm going to take a bath. Clean up and such." She turned around and opened the door. We ended up not saying anything as she walked out herself. However, the King gestured for Karasuma to follow her, and he did.

"Father, are you saying that somewhere in your heart, you can't come to terms that it's the Original Queen? It's highly likely she's here because she wants to clear up the misunderstanding." Irina explained to him.

"I don't know what to think anymore. With your mother in the dreadful state that she is in..." He shook his head. "At this rate, we'll do as she saids then." He made his way towards the door.

"Would you like me to do anything?" I asked standing up.

"I need to send a bird to the Kuro family. You...meet up with Karasuma. Irina, I'd be best if you go to your mother's side. I genuinely wonder what our kingdom has come to."
••••••
<Yua>
When I thought I had to draw my own bath, that man who followed me called for a servant to tend to it. At first when I woke up in Nagisa'a body, I expected that no one would treat me kindly, however...this man is surprising me.

I found myself in the bathroom of Nagisa'a room, as I remembered where it was located from previous times.

I stripped off my clothes and settled down into the crystal clear, steaming bath. With my hands being the last to submerge into the water, I slipped down farther. I held my breath underneath, wanting to scream. But it couldn't come out.

I decided to come back up, that was when I saw the nail markings on my arm. I forgot that whatever I do this body, Nagisa will wake up with it. I was careless, but I thought of this body as my own.
I hurried to use the bar soap to finish off, wash my hair, and brush my teeth.

I entered the bedroom nakedly searching for clothes, while I had a towel hung around my neck. To my luck, there was clothes already laid out on the bed for me. It could of been the maids dropping by again or that man from earlier.
It didn't matter if I had anyone to help me put them on, I didn't like it so much when I was in my female body back then. Those corsets and layers...I don't miss them at all. At least with the male attire, it's more fitting and comfy.

I opened the door and outside was the man who followed me here. He bowed his head and I acknowledged him.

"What is your name." I asked.

"Karasuma, my Queen." He spoke.

"Very well." I started to walk ahead, "well? Shouldn't we go back? They must be waiting impatiently." I turned my head as he was still standing where he was.

"Yes my Queen."
••••••
<Karma>
Initially I headed back to the sitting room. When I had talked to Karasuma, he said it would be best if he stayed at her side alone. Especially when it felt like she was distancing herself from me, through his perspective.

Since then, I've been sitting here waiting for everyone else to come back. The grandfather clock in the room showed the drifting time. It's been a hour since everyone decided to go their own ways.

That's when I heard footsteps and the knock upon the door. Karasuma entered and Nagisa, the Original Queen I meant, his head towards me and motioned her to sit down. Instead of beside me, she sat across; she did not may eye contact with me.

Then there was a second round of knocking at the door. It opened with two men wearing colors from the Kuro family, and then the man himself. I knew the third one was him, due to his decorated uniform and the towering height. He had a yellow crescent on the collar of his suit and a yellow ribbon with black stripes that indicated his family.

Evidently my teacher used to describe specific features from each noble family, the Kuro family particularly have black hair, and the men are rather taller than the average.

I stood up and Duke Kuro noticed me right away. Then he immediately walked over to shame my hand with a strong and firm grip.

"It's a pleasure, my King." He greeted.

"This is our first time meeting, likewise." I replied.

"Time to get down to business." He released my hand and searched around for Yua, until he looked behind himself.

Yua stood up with her arms crossed, but not in a way that she was protecting herself, rather show dominance of sorts.
Kuro placed a hand on his hip and sighed, shaking his head. That was when the current King and Irina happened to enter the room as well.

He reached out for her hand and she only stared at him silently. Once she managed to reach for it as well, he spoke,

"You're all kinds of trouble, dear cousin."